Fallout 4 - Arrives November 10th this year!

Couchpotato

Part-Time News-bot
Fallout 4 - E3 Gameplay Videos

Bethesda also showed off more Fallout 4 gamepaly videos today at E3.

Last edited:
Looks very ambitious to me. Can't wait to play the game on November 10th, 2015.:nod:

As if Bethesda's consolized UIs couldn't get any worse… going to be hard to mod that out. All the oversized interactive object icons aren't exactly a good thing either.

• Weapon modding looks good.
  • Not sure what to think about the world-based crafting; maybe a bit too Minecraftee.
  • Like the PowerArmor equip animation.

Well base building was very poplar in the modding community on the Nexus. As I remember downloading two base building mods for Fallout 3 & Fallout NV.

Sadly support was dropped and both mods were abandoned.:(

Interesting, seems really fast since they announced it. With so many games coming out now (Thanks Kickstarter) not sure I will play this one. I liked F3 ok, but liked New Vegas a lot better.

An Elder Scrolls Legend title was an Adventure-RPG in the past - now it is a free strategy card game?

What came a surprise to me was the announcement of Bethesda's new Digital online service called Bethesda.net, that will be used for all future games & mods.
Interesting, seems really fast since they announced it. With so many games coming out now (Thanks Kickstarter) not sure I will play this one. I liked F3 ok, but liked New Vegas a lot better.
Well in the presentation Bethesda said they have been working on the game for fours years already. So it's not really a shock it's ready for release in a few months.

I actually like what I see from the gameplay videos. Especially the new crafting & dialogue system as you can build your own stronghold to attract settlers.

Anyway seems all those leaks over the last three years were correct.
An Elder Scrolls Legend title was an Adventure-RPG in the past - now it is a free strategy card game?
It confused me also so maybe it's just based on the setting?:thinking:

A nice recap of the Bethesda press conference by Alex Santa Maria of TechRaptor.

The crafting system and how you can make your own settlement was really good. Also liked the weapon modification system, looks like there will be many options.

Not too impressed about how it looks in general though. Not judging or anything, will wait and see.

So they decided to fight against TW3 instead DX4 and ME4? Peh!
My sci fi year plan flushed into toilet. :(

Crafting definetly looks too good to be true, I just hope it's not another neverending grinding bullshit packed into a shiny wrapping:
http://kotaku.com/fallout-4s-crafting-system-is-bonkers-1711322298
- Almost anything you see, you can rebuild and retool. You can scrap items in the world for materials and use that material to build whatever you’d like.

- You’ll be able to customize your living quarters, along with that of your dog, too. The more you build, the bigger your settlement becomes, and the more people will come. Including traders! Anything you build will be usable by the people living nearby, too.

- You’ll be able to build complicated stuff, too. Wires attach to generators, which hook up to power grids, which can then power up consoles. You’ll have a lot of freedom when it comes to building your defensive measures, but you’ll have to take care to build something usable as well. Otherwise, raiders might be able to tear your creations down. Seems like there might be a little bit of tower defense in Fallout now.

Some commentor says it's The Sims: Wasteland Edition. Whatever, I just hope we won't see stuffpack overpriced DLC.

What came a surprise to me was the announcement of Bethesda's new Digital online service called Bethesda.net,
This worries me a lot since there might be another steam like client which we need to deal with.
that will be used for all future games & mods.
This pretty much mean paid user created mods are now confirmed and steam won't get their 30% cut any more!

Especially the new crafting & dialogue system as you can build your own stronghold to attract settlers.
Where can we see the dialogue system?

Looks great as a game focusing on the sandbox, which is really what Bethesda are best at.

Here's hoping the writing is, at least, on par with Skyrim or better. Fallout 3 was atrocious in terms of writing.

I'm happy to see they adopted a lot of ideas from mods (crafting and specially the settlement thing). Most likely, it'll be too easy to get access to the advanced customizations but mods will easily take care of that.

EDIT: Graphics are REALLY meh tho, for a Bethesda game. Job for modders again, I suppose. Long live the master race and all that.

Back
Top Bottom