Venetica - Steam Release Update

Couchpotato

Part-Time News-bot
Finally, I really didn't want to buy this on GamersGate! :party:

I played the game a few years ago. It was pretty fun.

The game kicks ass. Nothing earthshaking in it, don't expect a breathtaking story or something, but I can't remember a single thing in that game that wasn't fun. Completely opposite to modern AAA titles that concentrate on visuals and the rest is boredom. And it's not easy peasy H&S mediocrity, it has it's part of challenges.

If your backlog is empty… Scratch that, it is not… Dunno. Buy it, play it, feel free to spit on me if I didn't tell the truth here.

Yeah, really had fun and love the atmosphere.

I do remember the one thing joxer hated about this game, RESPAWNS!
Cause I hate them too :biggrin:
I really do wish there was mod to disable it, but the only mods for this game are are nudie outfits.

The game kicks ass. Nothing earthshaking in it, don't expect a breathtaking story or something, but I can't remember a single thing in that game that wasn't fun.

Well, I wouldnt be so excited. I remember that in the city it become a serie of mostly boring fetch quests and repetitive fights. But I agree it has some charm.

I thought this was a pretty good game. I never finished it because I built a new computer and forgot to backup the save, but probably played about halfway through, long enough to form a positive opinion.

Liked it. A lot of charme combined with simple but effective game mechanics.

The game is available now, with 20% rebate.

If the trailer on Steam is an accurate reflection of the game play, it seems very action heavy. Not my cup of tea. It's that same reason that keeps me from the Witcher games. Having to actually have quick reflexes seems to go directly against role playing, in which you shouldn't have to have the actual characteristics and abilities of a champion bodybuilder, stealthy assassin, etc. in order to enjoy the game.

Being action RPG doesn't mean it's diabloclone grinder and you really don't need OP reflexes.

Venetica has nothing in common with Diablo.

And OMG that price is a steal.

I am going to assume this is the same game released several years ago with no support.
Correct it's the last updated version of the game from a few years back. I didn't expect the game to be different as the publisher had financial trouble a few years back.

That was the major reason for the delay also.:)

Last edited:
Venetica has nothing in common with Diablo.

This is very good to hear. What is the combat like?

If it's actual action combat ( risen, witcher 2, dark souls or even koa) I might be interested but if it's Diablo style I absolutely wouldn't be.

Really that's good news I actually enjoyed witcher 1 combat more than witcher 2.

I know, I'm weird.:)

One of our forum members made a Let's Play some time ago. Should still be somewhere in the forum.

Back
Top Bottom