Graywalkers - Valentines & Updates

Couchpotato

Part-Time News-bot
Dreamlords Digital has new update on the kickstater page for Graywalkers: Purgatory with more infomation on the games relaunch.

Hello everybody! First off, let me greet everybody here a Happy Valentines! We hope that everybody will have a fun and loving day with their loved ones.

It's been a while since we've had an update. We want everybody to know that we've been busy working on the game, as well as marketing it in preparation for the relaunch. Entropy has been doing a spectacular job and as many of you have seen, we've been managing to be constantly visible in the press the past few months. This is good news because despite the KS failing, it just shows that many people are interested in the game.

To keep everybody up to speed, here are the developments and updates regarding the game.

We have moved the relaunch to the middle of March 2014, instead of the originally planned late February 2014. The reason for this is the playable pre-alpha demo that we intend to release isn't fully ready yet and we feel that it's better that we focus on quality rather than speed for this one. The demo will not be a public demo though, or at least that is the plan. The demo will only be released to the press and of course to you guys, our veteran backers. Depending on the reviews for demo, we might decide to release it eventually to the public sometime during the campaign.
More information.

I cannot believe this game didn't/hasn't gotten more attention than it has! Everything I read about it is brimming with flavour and interesting character.
Sure, it's not traditional RPG tropes, but isn't that what everyone is tired of?
At least I thought so. Last Kickstarter it barely reached half its (very reasonable)
goal. If the game was about zombies and had minecraft type BS it would have
EASILY hit its goal.

No one likes new ideas, but you have more tired and played BS? By all means,
I'll buy seconds!

I cannot believe this game didn't/hasn't gotten more attention than it has! Everything I read about it is brimming with flavour and interesting character.
Sure, it's not traditional RPG tropes, but isn't that what everyone is tired of?
At least I thought so. Last Kickstarter it barely reached half its (very reasonable)
goal. If the game was about zombies and had minecraft type BS it would have
EASILY hit its goal.

No one likes new ideas, but you have more tired and played BS? By all means,
I'll buy seconds!

I think the main reason it failed first time around was that it was too close to the holidays.... ending in late November. Of course, a lot of it comes down to how much media attention you can get. Or whether or not you get a shoutout from Brian Fargo.

Sounds like they did a god job IDing the issues. I think that section is really a must read for other people/groups interested in launching on KS as they are valid points and the concept of having everything prepared beforehand (including buzz) is a must and very common mistake that I expect will continue to be made.

Back
Top Bottom