Age of Decadence - New Screens

The game looks very good!

Will there be any non-human enemies in this game? Monsters? Wildlife?
Very few.
There is a stone statue of a demon reading a book. The demon is carved with great precision, and his pose reflects deep thoughts and tranquility. As you approach, the statue closes the book in one fluid motion and looks at you with amusement:

I do believe we have a visitor. Unfortunately, it appears that we are closed at the moment, and I've been instructed to dispose of all visitors. Therefore, we have a dilemma.

Dispose?

Kill. Destroy. Murder. Do you have any preferences in the matter? If there is some sort of death you would enjoy more, feel free to share that with me. Being an expert in killing, I'm sure I'm familiar with most methods and would be more than happy to accommodate your request.

An expert in killing?

Not very bright, are you? * the demon draws two blades out of nowhere with an alarming speed*

1. * trying hard to ignore the blades* You mentioned a dilemma...
2. * draws a weapon* For an expert in killing, you sure like to talk a lot.
3. * run
4. What are you?

If 1 (...dilemma...)
Very observant of you. Yes, a dilemma. You see, there is something you can do for me, and in return I'll let you go free. Even better, I'll allow you to explore this place and give you a great treasure that was given to me for safekeeping. How does that sound to you?

1. Sounds much better than choosing a way to die. So, what can I do for you?
2. [streetwise] That bit about the treasure was way overdone, don't you think?

If 2 (the streetwise option)
Hmm, not so stupid after all. Alright, here is a deal. Try to leave and I'll kill you, stay and argue with me and I'll kill you, do what I tell you and maybe you will live to see the daylight again. So, what's it going to be?

If 4 (what are you?)
Since it's unlikely that you can understand the concept of silicon-based lifeform, call me "stone guardian". I was created by the masters of this tower, who appear to be long gone. Such is the nature of flesh - it doesn't last. Stone, on the other hand, lasts forever. A gift and a curse at the same time, really.

You are very intelligent for a stone creature.

I'm very intelligent for any creature, human, and I highly doubt that you have the capacity to estimate my intelligence.

I'm making a game that I would like to play. If nobody but 100 Codex members buys the game, well, too bad. I'll know for sure that nobody likes to play these kind of games, and stop criticizing other games.
On the other hand, if you sell a ridiculous number of copies, demonstrate the commercial viability of traditional RPGs beyond all doubt, and single-handedly revive the genre, we may finally be able to discuss Oblivion without people interrupting to whine that it isn't enough like Fallout. We're counting on you, "Vince".

Bookmarked! Thanks,VD--lots of information here.

My God!! The game has nothing to do with the Roman Empire! Who knew?? ;)

Nah, uh huh this sucks, it's way to organized, it's got too much skill and talent displayed and too beautifully presented!

It needs way more misleading hype and trickery, oblivionishness if you will, since that's the new standard in excellence! :p

Maybe some dancing clowns?

On the other hand, if you sell a ridiculous number of copies, demonstrate the commercial viability of traditional RPGs beyond all doubt, and single-handedly revive the genre, we may finally be able to discuss Oblivion without people interrupting to whine that it isn't enough like Fallout. We're counting on you, "Vince".

I would add that Kieron Gillen´s long article (former keynote) on how to abuse the gaming press is a must read for every indie. You probably know most of the things he´s talking about, but most other indies are somewhat naive in this area. ;)

Very nice - I especially like the subtitles ! :) ;)

Back
Top Bottom