Voidspire Tactics - exploration & turn-based Tactics RPG

Eldiran

Watcher
Heya! I wanted to share a Tactics RPG I've just released, Voidspire Tactics, and get some feedback on it.

The gameplay is a blend of Zelda & Ultima during exploration, while combat plays out more like Final Fantasy Tactics or XCOM. You travel with a player-made party, trying to escape the Spire you were abducted onto, while learning & improving your abilities throughout.

Here's a snippet of gameplay for a more in-depth look:

Some things of note about the combat:
  • Each character has a class & subclass that determines what abilities they can use. You can change these anytime outside combat.
  • The terrain can be manipulated to your advantage; spreading water allows you to electrocute everyone standing in it, for example.
  • Almost every ability can be ranked up for better range, wider AoE, more damage, etc.

The game is already available here for PC.

I hope some of you find it interesting. I could really use feedback on my Greenlight page in particular- despite a very positive response, I simply am not getting enough traffic to make it.

What do you all think?

EDIT: annnd I've been Greenlit!! : D I didn't expect that, since I didn't even get into the Top 100. I still welcome feedback though! Got plenty of patches ahead of me, I think.

Last edited:
Game seems to be great, especially ability combos, like in Divinity: Original Sin and abilities that can be used not only in combat, but also to help you explore. I'm looking forward to play it!

Last edited:
Sounds very cool... Really trying to pinch my pennies right now but I will keep an eye on it.

How does the DRM-free version work? Seems it's direct from the developer so do you just get sent a link to DL from? Any chance of releasing on GOG or the Humble store in the future?

Also wondering if the music in the trailer is actual in game music... Bad music doesn't deter me from getting a game, but I find that style of game music pretty off putting.

Woops, I lost track of this thread. Kopyrda, TAF, ElderGnome, I hope you all enjoy it when you get the chance! : )

@daveyd: yep, the DRM-free version provides you a download for the installer. It also sends you an email with the link for future reuse.

I had hoped to release on GOG, but they declined.

The music in the game is pretty varied. The trailer music - and other songs in that style - only show up for certain boss battles. The rest of the music is similar to SNES-y RPGs, although there are other styles in there (like this song for example).

I can't edit the original post because of some sort of spam rating (I think?) but here is the Steam page for anyone who was looking for it.

I write about them during the day, while at work, and play them at night :)

This particular game does nothing for me. I require a certain level of graphics that this doesn't meet. I might pick it up in a bundle someday. I play some low level graphic games, but the style matters.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom