Gothic 3 - Final Community Patch Released!

Might add using full max quality and its running more smooth.

Still has choppy times here and there but is definitely better.

Cool! Didn't expect it to be released so fast. Didn't the countdown just hit #3?

I'm reading something about a quest pack in the change log which is not yet implemented. Now i'm doubting if i'm going to play with the patch now or wait for that quest pack .

Same here. Too bad kinda, as I had just gotten a game nicely going...

Based on ~10 hours of play, this is perhaps the single most impressive community achievement I've experienced in gaming.

Probably, it's because I've always had a soft spot for this game - but every single issue I used to have with it seems to have been eliminated.

If this lasts and I don't encounter anything major - I'm going to be praising this for years to come.

Excellent patch overall! Huge amount of work 0..o

Still, I'm sad to see that alot of audio things have not been addressed. It really kills alot of the immersion for me.

1. Selling and Inventory items = no sound (listen to Oblivion's, Fallout's, or FFXII's, or WOW's, gentle prompt sounds, they audibly confirm selection, choices, etc.)
2. Looting items, plants, etc. = no sound
3. Armor/weapon hits = no sound or very little
4. NPC hits = still keep hearing that one "Bleh Bleh Bleh" on hit sound that is so hilariously awful from alot of the NPCs.
5. The audio for many of the voices seems to be mixed incorrectly. It feels too loud and not integrated into the environment as if it was never mixed (i.e. very dry).
6. No particle FX on hit. Sparks or something visual to indicate hits. There's a general lack of particle FX in the game overall. Most of the one's I've seen look like a programmer did them.

To me, those things I listed could go along way towards making Gothic 3 seem higher quality. Hopefully, one day we can see the unofficial patch team fix this.
And Pirahna Bytes, I realize you're a small studio but for god's sake, hire a better character modeller, animators (with mocap) and a decent VFX artist. Please! :)

One little bug. If you load a savegame in which it is raining, you won't see the rain anymore, just hear it. Apart from that, everything works fine. The new AI is a definite improvement. Performance has improved. I am pleased.

I realize you're a small studio but for god's sake, hire a better character modeller, animators (with mocap) and a decent VFX artist. Please! :)

Bethesda is a preety big studio and their animations are at least one class worse than those made by PB.

What's the font bug?

G3's performance under Vista completely collapses on some systems if the wrong font is used. Replace the font and the problem is gone.

Just wanted to know if this is the only patch I will need or do I need to install one of the official patches first?
You only need CP 1.7 no other patch is needed.

G3's performance under Vista completely collapses on some systems if the wrong font is used. Replace the font and the problem is gone.

How and with what would I replace the font? Is the replacement available online somewhere? I have XP64 as well as Vista. I had no problem with vanila G3 once I used the dual core patch.

How and with what would I replace the font? Is the replacement available online somewhere? I have XP64 as well as Vista. I had no problem with vanila G3 once I used the dual core patch.
Read this.

I wanna have babies with cp-team. :p

I love it. G3 is reborn!

Back
Top Bottom