Worlds of Magic - Interview @ Space Sector

Couchpotato

Part-Time News-bot
Space Sector has posted the second part ot their interview with Wastelands Interactive that asks questions from the community about Worlds of Magic.

Welcome to part two of our two-part community interview with the team behind the upcoming fantasy 4X strategy game, Worlds of Magic. We hope you’ve enjoyed the interview thus far, but we aren’t done yet. You’ve gotten answers regarding quite a few of your questions in part one, but there were still some left unanswered… until now. Here are the remainder of your questions, as well as a few of our own. Answers once again were kindly provided by Worlds of Magic team members Aaron Ethridge and Leszek Lisowski.
More information.

Seems like many games I have that are unity-based are rough around the edges and/or tend to crash a lot or get wonky a lot and have weak UIs. It's probably the developers more than the engine but unity is usually the common factor.

Unity seems more like a lazy way to get things done than the ideal engine for everything.

Anyways. Saw this game a while back and it looks interesting. With AOW3 soon (not nearly soon enough since it looks fantastic) and Warlock 2 out shortly after it (and also looking really good) I'm in no rush to get this game.

Plus, hexes > squares. Period. One can live with primitive squares but hexes are so much better for strategy games. GalCiv 3 alpha starts this month too - with hexes this time instead of squares! :p

I don't really consider any of these games to be RPGs even if they barely have some RPG elements in them.

Quit frankly Voqar I don't care what you think. We have members who like these type of games. Go read my other 2,000 news-bits on pure RPGs if this one bothers you.:p

Last edited:
Yes! I am such a fan and I always enjoy reading about Strategy "RPG" (Eador, Heroes, AoW, Warlock, Worlds of Magic, and all the others). I actually voted Eador as the best "RPG" of last year - but I was pretty isolated in that. It's a shame, because if you don't mind the many, many battles (and grinding), the story in Eador is far superior to many 'real' RPGs: Original, funny, surprising, and even a bit philosophical. It's a shame it takes way over 200 hours to have a fully comprehension of the complexity and beauty of the narrative in Eador. Looking forward to AoW3, I already got the deluxe edition.

I completely disagree with voqar about hexes vs sqaures. they seemed to work amazingly well(the squares) on the original. also the squares on the original worked much like hexes since you could attack diagonally.

thanks for the heads up about eador, mbpopo I'm still coveting that one.

Back
Top Bottom