Fallout 3 - Dev Diary & Concept Art @ Official Site

Dhruin

SasqWatch
Pete Hines sends word of a dev diary at the official Fallout 3 site written by Emil Pagliarulo. The piece profiles the Brotherhood of Steel and how they came to the east coast, so this is something for everyone to read and for the canon keepers to argue over:
How, exactly, does one worship technology?
Is it as simple as praying to a golden, robotic calf? Perhaps “god” is recognized as some kind of sentient artificial intelligence who demands subservience in exchange for feats and favors?
Or maybe, just maybe, the human race has already answered this question: technology is worshipped, simply and plainly, through obsession and attainment. We are a people dominated by technology, from our electrically-powered cities right down to our scientifically engineered anti-depressant medications. And every Sunday mass we miss to stay home and watch football on our HDTVs is further proof that now, more than ever, technology is the deity we hold most dear.
Now imagine all of that compulsion, all of that addiction we as an entire race share, and encapsulate it into one group of people. Imagine the obsession and fervor, the unending need for technological superiority, and the ultimate futility of such a goal.
Imagine, if you will, the Brotherhood of Steel.
Four pieces of new concept art accompany the article. Thanks, Pete!
More information.

I don't worship Fallout, but the backstory of the Brotherhood of Steel sounds pretty solid with what I remember from the games. It's obvious that the current Elder is way more humane than the west coast Elders were. More of a true Paladin, where helping humanity is the prime directive.

Well, the weapons look 50ish...ish. They remind me of Hampson's cutaways, showing the interior of a device. Where's that sleek, sculpted skin?

For a Brotherhood of Steel Paladin, Power Armor is his plate mail, a powered Super Sledge his warhammer.

My gosh its paladins now ?!? wtf, guess ill just pack my unclean thoughts about this being oblivion junk with guns.

Atleast the country is so safe a 7 year old girl can cross it without a problem, guess we still have lvl scaling ;)

Oh My Quasar, there's gonna be a whole lot of smiting going on!

They have specifically said there won't be level scaling and also in a situation like that you would bring your family with you because you are not likely to come back.

The Brotherhood of Steel always had Paladins.

Honestly, read the damn thing, its not about Paladins, but more the way they simplify things to their nobrained audience. It just shows who they target.

It shouldnt even be needed to explain what i meant with lvlscaling, again read the thing. It makes no sense at all, hence a scaling joke. Will it be there or not ?! Who knows, they been lying so much that i want to see it before i believe it. Its nothing but hype crap for morons.

That so called diary made no damned sense, its more a showcase on how poor Bethelda writes. Since i write equally crappy i will stop, go read rest on NMA or Codex.

Back
Top Bottom