Does the environment affect ones sexuality?

There really isn't a choice. That's the whole point of what I wrote. From the earliest memories, humans know what sex they are attracted to, and there's no reliable way of changing someone's orientation. The next time you hear someone say it's a choice, tell them to go have gay sex. If they really want to prove a point - that homosexuality is a choice - then they should have no problem making the same choice, in order to lend validity to their argument.

I remember reading that mother's chemical condition during pregnancy can affect sexuality of the foetus , women that live under fear have chemical imbalances and this supposingly proves why many WW2 born boys are gay.

Gayness can be exorcised by a skilled priest .

I assume your entire post was sarcasm?

There really isn't a choice. That's the whole point of what I wrote. From the earliest memories, humans know what sex they are attracted to, and there's no reliable way of changing someone's orientation. The next time you hear someone say it's a choice, tell them to go have gay sex. If they really want to prove a point - that homosexuality is a choice - then they should have no problem making the same choice, in order to lend validity to their argument.

While i agree that isnt a good way to judge though. Heterosexuals in prisons have sex with other men all the time, not becuase they are attracted to the same sex but because they want power. Sexual satisfaction is probably the best way to gauge homosexuality/heterosexuality. Though some of the "testimonials" from some of these ex gay websites make me question if it is really possible coming form it is is an impossible thing to do stand point.

Last edited:
Pretty true and I wouldnt disagree. But I do still think its more about percentage's and the higher the highest percentage, the more the person is without choice. And you dont have to be 100% to realise its very hard if not impossible to make choices.

And then theres the enviroment factor that might change it little. Good hetero-relationship might make you 100% hetero while serving years in prison might put you more towards gay. In certain circumstances you might even become temporarily asexual. However as said its effect is only small. I dont think it can i.e change totally gay people to become hetero.

Last edited:
I don't consider simple sexual attraction or arousal to be a good indication. It is too simple to trick the conscious mind, and the subconscious doesn't really care. Under the right circumstances, such as having only other males around for years on end, anything screwable looks desirable.

The telling point for me is whether a person is able to form a significant emotional link with males, females, or both.

You do realize that the purpose of my statement was not to be taken literally, but as an exercise in critical thinking for people who actually believe that homosexuality is a choice, right?

You do realize that the purpose of my statement was not to be taken literally, but as an exercise in critical thinking for people who actually believe that homosexuality is a choice, right?

If you were responding ot me. I was simply pointing out how it wasnt a good example and i was agreeing with you.

Whenever someone say it's a choice, I know I am talking to a bisexual. I call it the bisexuality bias. They just believe that everybody is a bisexual which creates the illusion that sexuality can be changed, for them. I place pansexuals into the same category even I take a lot of heat for doing so.

Ok, I'm going to ask... wtf is a pansexual?

Pansexuality is a case where the individual can be attracted to any other individual, regardless of both sexual preferences and genders. It is an extension of the concept that there are people who are not identifiable strictly as either male or female.

A rather lofty view of pansexuals is that they are attracted strictly to personality, not the physical body. The term could potentially extend to relationships with other species, IF there were some around that had achieved both sentience and a means to communicate.

Edit: Damn Buzzkill, a NSFW warning would have been nice. My kid was in the room, not looking fortunately, but still.

Lack of choice can still involve environmental conditioning.

Yeah this is my current though on the subject. My conditioning of sexuality(though i am not homosexual) is probably due to my early experiences as a child aswell as my aversion to hug people.

No it wasn't sarcasm , mother chemicals do affect the development of the foetus and extreme feelings do generate abnormal amounts of those chemicals.
My whole point is that homosex is a physical condition too .

I see.

I saw this interesting video that questions the current studies that supposedly purport to show that people are born gay or that homosexuality is genetic:

Last edited:
Thanks for the link, I will bookmark it for later.

I don't see how the fact that he believes in creation renders all of his observations on this subject invalid, there are lots of smart and educated people who are young earth creationists. I thought he did a very good job in pointing the flaws in these studies which would "prove" it is all down to genetics. The truth is that all of them are very flawed.

Back
Top Bottom