Darkspore DRM Debacle

Motoki

Keeper of the Watch
http://gamebanshee.com/news/105464-darkspore-has-been-unplayable-for-9-days-and-counting.html

Wow, so people who legtimately paid for it can't play the game and are essentially being told 'we have the right to do that, it's in the fine print'

As before, the Devs are aware of the problem and are actively working on it however so while it may take some time it will be fixed. We do not yet have an ETA, please be patient.

Also stated in the Darkspore Terms of Service:

5. EA Services, Content and Entitlement Availability

We do not guarantee that any Content or Entitlement will be available at all times, in all countries and/or geographic locations, or at any given time or that we will continue to offer particular Content or Entitlements for any particular length of time.

The ToS clearly state that while you purchase the RIGHT to access of the content, it can't always be available for a variety of reasons…this is one of those reasons…technical difficulties.

Due to the continual abysmal behaviour from one group of users, this thread is now being locked. While we are very grateful for the assistance in solving this issue that some of you have given, due to these specific indivduals, the thread is now closed and updates will only be given once we know more. Please sit tight and wait, there is nothing more that we can do at this stage.

That's BS. If you are having difficulties and are trying to fix it just say that and leave it at that. Don't slap your customers in the face with '…and by the way, the terms of service says that even though you paid for it we have the right to revoke your access at any time, so shut the hell up. THREAD LOCKED'.

Gee I wonder the fact that they can't play the damned game they paid for might have something to do with the 'abysmal behavior'.

*sighs*

And this is why I refuse to buy games with "always online" DRM or games that need to be activated online in order to be playable. And this is not the first time something like this happens either, Ubisoft had some issues with their "always online" DRM as well.

Get ready for the coming storm. If something like this happens in Diablo 3 then there will be a nerdrage the likes of which has never been seen before. It will be a beautiful thing when both jocks and nerds stand side by side in solidarity against the DRM that is in D3. :)

I really hope this happens in D3.

I won't be on the net, then ! :lol:

Back
Top Bottom