Risen Axe fighting?

jantzz

Watcher
Lv 8 have lv 3 in axe, have a raven axe...What is the best way to use this?...
I really am not doing too well with it...Has to be me, not the weapon..There is a
lateral move that I really dont understand....Any thoughts?
Dennis

Axe fighting is identical to sword fighting in terms of moves and mechanics (might be a tad slower tho.. not sure) so you will want to use a 1hander + shield at all times.
A cheezy way to beat any human regardless of skill is to simply hold block and strafe then do a double tap dodge (side) when he attacks wich usually puts you at his back allowing you a hit or three before he recovers.
At low levels you will want to avoid attacking humans head on if possible and allways be ready to dodge backwards incase you are parried.
The same works on critters but unlike humans they do not parry/stun you when attacked from the front so you no point dodging against them unless you are trying to keep a pack from surrounding you.
A shield is the only way to block against critters so be sure to pick one up.
There are a few critters that stagger you when they hit forcing you to dodge instead of block against them but they are relatively rare.
Hope that helps.

You probably just need to get used to the timing. I found axes to be a bit more unforgiving than swords, as they are slower.'

There are by the way some differences between axes & swords, in regards to at what level of training you learn what move.
here is some info on that.

My advice is to increase axe fighting a bit, perhaps by getting +1 axe skill rings or similar. I think level 5 axe fighting is required to use 2H axes along with shields, which is a very efficient fighting style.

Back
Top Bottom