Risen [Mod] DarkRisen Texture Pack

vurt

serial 𝓶𝓸𝓭𝓭&#12004
DarkRisen
- a flora texture overhaul by Vurt.

Features:

A darker and more brooding landscape, similar to the Gothic series.

* 17 completely new hi-res flora textures (grasses, leaves, plants)

* 1 new Hi-res (2048x2048) rock texture

* Better LOD textures.

Instructions:

Use with Risen Modstarter: http://www.worldofrisen.de/english/download_70.htm

2.jpg

anim_8f1ef6c1-165c-6744-c143-5c1a3fbbc3e3.gif

Download: http://www.2shared.com/file/8h17Go1N/DarkRisen.html

Edit: The mod is now included in the ModStarter Database.

Last edited:
Interesting! Thanks for the info!

Yeah it's there now, I checked when you first posted this thread but couldn't find it. Will certainly try it in my next replay.

DarkRisen
- a flora texture overhaul by Vurt.

Thanks vurt! Those screens look very good.

I am going to use this and a structure textures (should be in RMDS online DB) mod in my undergoing Risen Replay.

Do you know of an alternative link for the Modstarter ? the link at the bottom of the page doesn't download for me…

Edit: Nevermind, this must be it I guess

Last edited:
Hmm, I assumed that I would not need to start a new game to enable mods, but it seems my old save games are hidden when I start through RMDS (not online as that one doesn't work for me). Oh well, next replay then :)

Edit: scratch that, it seems the old RDMS version is not working either… There goes an hour and a half of my life wasted :(

Last edited:
Time spent playing a Piranha Bytes game can never be considered wasted. ;)

But that is just it. I burned most of my gaming time from last night trying to make the damn ModStarter work >:O

I suspect the online version will work If I let it install were it wants but for that I'll have to uninstall Risen from the programs folder (as it seems RMDS could not run there due to write rights problems, damn win7)… Nah, especially as I'm already almost at the end of Chapter 1… Maybe next replay…

I had to post to say: Great work vurt :thumbsup: Much more to my liking indeed :)

(As expected the Damn RMDS worked when I installed both it and Risen on C: I said what the hell its Saturday ;) )

It will need it(*) lets hope you do not need to fix the "overly energetic" foliage yourself too ;)

(* Darkening there may look weird to some as Risen 2's style is more firmly Caribbean I believe rather than #1's semi Mediterranean, I am more than willing to give it a try though)

As you're the expert Vurt, do you have any idea what's going on with the strange ballooning trees we saw in the Risen 2 beta?

Back
Top Bottom