Risen Alchemy and permanent stats.

felthor

Traveler
By old habbit i've been collecting all the permanent stats increasing plants and saving them, i remember you could brew potions of them in gothic 2 fx, and get a larger bonus.. is this still the case ? or should i just munch away?

You can, indeed, make potions out of those plants. So far the only one I've found is for a +10 permanent strength increase, and it requires wine, a vial, an ogreroot, and a hero's crown. Actually, I also found a permanent +10 HP increase potion too, but I don't recall it's ingredients.

Of course, you need to find the recipes for these before you can't craft them.

So, no, I'd recommend saving them if you're going to invest in alchemy skills.

I'd reckon it's worth saving em then, 10str is 10 skillpoints, and i bet you can make a few of those :eek:

You can make permanent stat boosting potions for strength, dex, health and mana, but I have yet to find a potion that uses some of the stat boosting plants. Druid's hemlock(+1 health) and wanderlust(+1 exp.) are two that come to mind. So I have been eating those, and there are a LOT of them out in the world.

You can make permanent stat boosting potions for strength, dex, health and mana, but I have yet to find a potion that uses some of the stat boosting plants. Druid's hemlock(+1 health) and wanderlust(+1 exp.) are two that come to mind. So I have been eating those, and there are a LOT of them out in the world.

Uzriel,

Are you saying, for example, that the "Pixie Hat" mushroom which gives +1 to dex is NOT used in the permanent dex potion? (and likewise whatever counterpart exist for the STR potion). If that is true, then I will start eating those I am saving up right away.

Go to an alchemist and look at his potion recipes. Pixie hat is an ingredient for a potion, so save those if you will do alchemy. Druid hemlock and wanderlust are not....at least in any recipe I've found so far.

Red Mushrooms => HP potion
Wanderlust => EXP potion
Ogreroot => STR potion
Pixie Cap => DEX potion

Red Mushrooms => HP potion
Wanderlust => EXP potion
Ogreroot => STR potion
Pixie Cap => DEX potion

The HP potion uses "mushroom" not druid's hemlock. Do you know of a perm potion that uses druid's hemlock?

I have not ever seen an EXP potion. Who sells it?

Wanderlust is part of an experience potion you can find "somewhere" later in the game. 100 xp per pot. Health pots are 10 hp, mana are 5mp, dex/str are +5 respectively.

I can confirm that the xp potion recipe does exist as I have it in my inventory. I do not recall where I got it. It takes 1 vial, 5 wonderlust, and 1 water to make 100xp potion.

Last edited:
The XP recipe location:
In the hidden library of the Monastery, behind the magic barrier.

no it takes 5 wonderlust....
eating a raw wonderlust gives you 10XP
making a potion with 5 wonderlusts and water gives you 100XP... aka, it doubles their XP per wonderlust.

It's very useful to learn all three alchemy skills and to collect certain plants. I've gathered 13 Hero's crowns. Hero's crown is used to permanently increase strength, dexterity and life energy. Strengh needs 1 Ogreroot, besides 1 Hero's crown. I gathered 15 Ogreroots. So when I got the last dot for alchemy this morning, I made myself 8 strength potions. Meaning a 40 points increase of strength (+5 a potion). Meaning I've now a total of 98 strength. :)

I've still 5 Hero's crown left. I might use them to increase life energy or dexterity later on. (I've no knowledge of other permanent potions yet.)

heres a spoiler

There are 20 hero crowns in the game

alchemy isn't the only way to increase your stats, you can eat 10 apple and gain +1 strenght, same applies to egg but I'm not sure how much and it I think it only happens once

i also came across a cooking recipe that give +1 dex and it requires 2 meat, 1 potatoes and 1 spices (or sommat like that).

you should explore the map as you will find things that can't be brought from vendors.

another tip is to use potion when you have gain the maximum attribute. So for strenght you can get a maximum for 100 i think, and then you use potions that will give you atleast 200 strenght and that will give a great plus to your damage.

heres a spoiler
There are 20 hero crowns in the game.

Thanks for the spoiler. :) I found those 13 Hero Crowns in chapter 1. I've just started chapter 2. After five minutes of gameplay in chapter 2 I got a level up so it was only then that I got myself Alchemy 3. I wish I had spent some LP on the alchemy skills a bit sooner, I mean in chapter 1, instead of wasting LP on strength in chapter 1.

alchemy isn't the only way to increase your stats, you can eat 10 apple and gain +1 strenght, same applies to egg but I'm not sure how much and it I think it only happens once

Thanks, I didn't know that. Have a whole lot of apples + eggs at my disposal. :)

i also came across a cooking recipe that give +1 dex and it requires 2 meat, 1 potatoes and 1 spices (or sommat like that).

Yes, I found 4 bags of spices. Does anybody know whether more bags can be found?

another tip is to use potion when you have gain the maximum attribute. So for strenght you can get a maximum for 100 i think, and then you use potions that will give you atleast 200 strenght and that will give a great plus to your damage.

:D Great!

Originally Posted by masmune
Yes, I found 4 bags of spices. Does anybody know whether more bags can be found?

theres only 1 place i get it from and that is from konan (i think is his name).

His shop is next to the blacksmith in habour town and theres tilda outside his shop. He will have new spices in stock regulary so check the shop every now and then (not as in every chapter, more like every few days ingame)

There is a better way to use those boost in strengh or dex:
no NPC would train you more than 100 in a skill.
So if you save the indregients, save also the potion till you're lvl 100 in one of those skills (almost impossible to get the 2 at 100, and pretty useless too!), then use you're potions, eggs, apples.... so you can reach ~150 on strengh
does not applies for life or xp
so just nom every druid's hemlock, but save ogreroot and pixies hat (at least enough to make the potions, up to 20 cumulated), and drink the potions and the rest only after 100, or now if you don't plan on upgrading the skill that far

Back
Top Bottom