SW: Galaxies - Demolition Warning

Myrthos

Cave Canem
Administrator
On the Star Wars Galaxies site a warning is given for those who have been inactive since july last year. If you don't re-subscribe prior to February 15th 2009, your structures are eligible for destruction.
That's one way to try and get some of those subscribers back I suppose....
More information.

Well, it kinda makes sense I suppose. Admittedly, I know nothing about the game, but "real world" if you have a bunch of vacant structures taking up the landscape, not serving any purpose, chances are theyre gonna get 'dozed.

Why would they want a bunch of unused structures all over their gameworld that serve no purpose other than taking up space that someone else may want to use?

Nobody is going t resubscribe to save structures in a game they don't play anymore.

What Reyla said.
They're doing this for active/current subscribers: so that they can enjoy the game by being able to place structures in convenient places, ie. not too far from transportation or on more populated planets.

Right now you can't because several of the "best spots" are taken up by inactive accounts. The part about "you can save your lots if you resub" is just that, a way of giving inactive players a chance to save their structures. It's not going to bring back players who don't care about the game: they don't care about their old structures anyway.

At best, it will bring back players who perhaps took a break off the game and were planning to come back regardless. With this patch it's going to be "sooner" rather than "later", that's all.

Last edited:
As an ex-player and for clarification: No one is actually going to lose anything but their chosen lots in the process of this "demolition". The house(s) of your character (including all items) will be packed up and placed into your character's datapad in a neat little package.
If/when you should ever resubscribe you can simply unpack your house and put it back up in either the same space where it used to be (if the space/lots hasn't been taken in the meantime) or anywhere else wherever you like. All your items will still be in your house.
Nothing is really lost in the process of this housing cleanup. The only risk for inactive subscribers is that someone is going to "steal" your favorite virtual estate location while you're not there.

Man, it's sad too. I loved SWG when the old skill system was in place. Granted, it was just UO in space and not really Star Wars but I liked it. A bunch of my structures will be taken down with this and I can't see myself subscribing to save them.

I tried SWG again when they totally re-did it the second time and I almost cried.

Back
Top Bottom