Arcania - New Box Shot

ravens? why ravens?
oh yeah! now i remember!
gothic_2_night_of_the_raven-pc.jpg

Sword in the left hand, fireball in the right. Disaster waiting to happen if you ask me.

Decent cover. I have to admit - this may come as a surprise - whether or not I buy a game depends on the game itself, not how good the cover looks.

I keep my fingers crossed for the game.

Spellbound had a lot of issues during the development process of the game.. yet I hope this will be a decent successor of the Legendary series that we all love here ;-)

Well it looks like we still have the emo-hero thing going on, not good...

how cool, a box shot.

in the absence of a game, they really know how to entice their customers. :rolleyes:
________
Honda RS250R

Last edited:
Well it looks like we still have the emo-hero thing going on, not good…

What kind of Emo-Hero-Thing ? Never heard that expression.

Emo hero lol. Yeah that hair screams emo teenage angst, pretty out of place on the battlefield. I guess we will have to judge the game itself!

Does he really have dyed hair, or is it just the lightning i wonder.. it does looks like dyed hair :/ Extremely generic looking cover, well, except for the terrible hair that is ;)

Emo hero, ha that's good.

Alrik, "emo" is an expression used to make fun of angst-ridden singers who are in all kinds of pain and want to sign poignantly about it. It's short for "emotional." It is associated with certain hairstyles, too, like this one.

I keep trying to look up his skirt. What is wrong with me.

Ah, I see.

Sounds to me like "gothic" kinds of folks, or like ... hm, just more sensitive people.

Well, why not try a Beatles-like "mushroom haircut" instead ? ;)

Mmm:
  • Generic landscapes I can see in real world and even all in my country.
  • Too fast action making me predict easily that's I'll either suck to fights and will hate the game either will get bored because it will be too easy.
  • I also quote fancy magic effects that hide all the action, not a good design… if you ask me.

Is he wearing a wig?

May be a nod to Betrayal at Krondor ;).

For the supposed Q3 release they surely haven´t shown much of the actual game so far, I almost wonder if there actually is one, tech demos aside.

Welcome to the codex:)

I keep my fingers crossed for the game.

Spellbound had a lot of issues during the development process of the game.. yet I hope this will be a decent successor of the Legendary series that we all love here ;-)

Can you please elaborate further? I do know they were supposed to release it last year right around the same time as Risen but then abandoned the idea.

What were the issues and have they worked them out? If we get another RPG that is supposedly a finished game but is really no more than a Beta with Bugs I am going to scream.

If we get another RPG that is supposedly a finished game but is really no more than a Beta with Bugs I am going to scream.

It's the games that have "potential" and that's about all which get to me. Especially when the sequels come out and it becomes apparent that instead of expanding on the ideas and features that had potential, they either dumbed them down even more or removed them completely. Examples would be like the planetary exploration and ship boarding (which could have been expanded to ship-to-ship space combat) in Mass Effect, and if built upon could potentially have given that franchise a more open ended sandbox feel without adversely affecting the narrative nature of the game. Gone from Mass Effect 2. Along with pesky inventories and other annoying RPG-like features.

I do NOT support makers of RPGs deliberately making their games less RPG in order to try to appeal to a wider market.

Back
Top Bottom