Pricewatch!

Legendary edition is 14€.
Now... I do say Heartfire DLC sux, but Dragonborn is too good to skip. And to pay 7.5€ plus 14€ for Dragonborn DLC is crazy since you get the game and all three DLC in one package for 14€. So if you still don't have Skyrim, go for the legendary edition.

Left for Dead 2 is Free on Steam until 10am EST. You need to Log in and Claim.

Not sure if you have to Install it or just Claim it. Originally you needed to install it to keep it, but that pretty much broke Steam/sales. I just logged on the Left for Dead 2 page and clicked Install. It told me, Left for Dead 2 had been registered to my account.

Hopefully this means they realized how dumb it was to make everyone install during the biggest sale of the year.

Edit: Apologizes for sticking this in RPG section but didn't see a Sales thread anywhere else.
Cheers for the heads-up

I paid full price for Dragonborn a week or two ago. Doh! I really don't mind though. Hey Nameless. What is a good level to tackle the start of Dragonborn? My Dovah is level 12 and I use two companions, Lydia and Vilja from a mod. Neither gal is very powerful. I'm a pure destruction mage with a mod that keeps destruction magic even with melee as far as damage output goes. I kill drauger deathlords with one full charge of mana. About 5 lightning strikes or a couple fireballs if the girls are out of the way. Too soon?

I paid full price for Dragonborn a week or two ago. Doh! I really don't mind though. Hey Nameless. What is a good level to tackle the start of Dragonborn? My Dovah is level 12 and I use two companions, Lydia and Vilja from a mod. Neither gal is very powerful. I'm a pure destruction mage with a mod that keeps destruction magic even with melee as far as damage output goes. I kill drauger deathlords with one full charge of mana. About 5 lightning strikes or a couple fireballs if the girls are out of the way. Too soon?

I would say wait for level 20 or above and some decent gear since there are some nasty enemies there.

Also as destruction mage you are going to love passive buff that turns off friendly fire that you can find in solstein.

Yep, that'll be nice. The girls are in love with creeping in front of me right as I release half my mana on a one-shot kill spell. Now I've blown my wad and it's in their hair instead of barbecuing the undead or electifying the Hagraven. Woulda been nice to pick up dragonborn on sale, since I haven't started it or Dawnguard yet. Dawnguard is probably due about now. I have no idea what Heartfire is even about. I bought it but haven't found anything in my game to start it, except for some kids I could adopt. I hate kids :D

How big is Dragonborn? As big as shivering isles? Bigger?

At least as big, I'd say. It's definitely worth getting. Where Dawnguard was clearly made by the sloppy, vampire-obsessed C-team, Dragonborn was given to the A-team. I think some of the new beasties have issues, but they're not as bad as, say, the FO3 expansion horrors.

Ubi has Fallout 3 GOTY for 2.49€. Probably the lowest price ever.

GMG still changes offers every day. Always some interesting stuff there.

I paid full price for Dragonborn a week or two ago. Doh! I really don't mind though. Hey Nameless. What is a good level to tackle the start of Dragonborn? My Dovah is level 12 and I use two companions, Lydia and Vilja from a mod.
Work a bit higher than that. There are so called ashe spawns on the island your destruction mage won't even scratch. Lydia could probaly solo 1-2 of them with a proper "tank" equipment you'll find on the island, but in certain areas you'll be against 4 of those or even more.

Dunno what Vilja is nor I care. You can get several types of second sidekick on this island, you just have to choose will that be a mechanical or elemental thrall.

Also you'll venture through another dimension not just once where your sidekicks cannot follow, there you'll be up against very hard to beat enemies. You can run past them most of the time, but you'll miss the juicy loot if you don't kill 'em.

And the most important thing to remember… Having full unrelenting force shout from graybeards (main quest) in this DLC is a must!

Can't agree with Nameless, 20 seems too early, I'd say you should reach at least level 25 without smithing/enchanting/alchemy grind.
EA is selling almost every game on Origin for 40% off as part of it's End of the Year sale. I never thought EA would ever discount some of the DLC, and games.

Link-https://www.origin.com/en-us/store/deals/sale/endofyear-sale/on-sale
Even after so many years, Bioware points are NOT on sale.
https://www.origin.com/en-ie/store/browse-ANW.html?q=bioware points

I refuse to buy anything on Origin because of that. I promise I'll never ever buy anything on Origin till they cut the price on BP.

next month in Playstation+ includes Bioshock infinite and Devil May Cry. Considering they had Borderlands 2 this month, they're kicking arse.

Nice sale going on right now at Get Games. You can choose any two games from their list for $15 (10 GBP)

Choices include Bioshock Infinite, The Bureau: XCOM Declassified, Fallout 3 GotY, Oblivion GotY, Morrowind GotY, Shadow Warrior, Sleeping Dogs, Etc...

http://getloadedgo.com/

Last edited:
In case you've missed (and I almost did), a week more everything in Bethesda store is 20% off with some things even more (for example their superugly imperial dragon hoodie).
You choose stuff to buy and on the checkout -20% is applied on the total prior to shipment price:
http://store.bethsoft.com/

For those who want to know more, I have previously bought there Vault 101 hoodie and sneakers already. The shop is in USA, but apparel from the store is made in China (I can post pics if you want), dunno about posters, figurines and other things. Oddly, clothes don't have any bugs! ;)

Shipment to Europe to my address is about $60 plus I had to pay taxes (here it's 25%). Expensive? When it comes to Fallout, nothing is expensive! So now I've ordered the fresh entry - BoS hoodie.

EDIT:
Their shoesize conversion table on Bethesda site ain't working. Did I mention bugs already? I did? Surprise, surprise…
Anyway, if you will go for sneakers and are not in USA, you can use this table to get the proper shoes number:
http://www.i18nguy.com/l10n/shoes.html

Back
Top Bottom