Skyrim - DLC with dragon mounts, Solstheim?

Dhruin

SasqWatch
This is firmly in rumour territory but this sort of technique has yielded accurate results in the past...Eurogamer reports a Bethsoft forum member has delved into the code from the last Skyrim patch and found:
It's unconfirmed, but it looks like the next Skyrim DLC will be called Dragonborn and take place on the independent island of Solstheim (East of Skyrim, North of Morrowind).
There may be dragon mounts (or it could be a scripted ride), new armour types - Bonemold, Chitin, Nordic and Stalhrim - and mounted spell casting may be on the way.
Locations Raven Rock, Miraak Temple, Castle Karstaag and Telvanni Tower were also mentioned. As was PS3 downloadable content.
Thanks, jhwisner!
More information.

This is exciting news, as similar rumors about previous DLC discovered this way turned out to be true. Hope this will be a huge expansion type DLC.

Seems we may be able to visit one of the realms of Oblivion we have never seen in previous games, Hermaeus Mora's Apocrypha, a sort of ghostly library dimension

It is an endless library where all forbidden knowledge can be found. The books all have black covers with no titles, and the library is haunted by ghosts forever searching for knowledge.

Solstheim? I really, really hope this is true, I absolutely loved the place, still remember the Story of Aevar Stone Singer, the Udyrfrykte.. what an amazing expansion that was.

It looks like Spears will also be added to the game. And yes, Apocrypha is in as well.

I personally can't wait for this. I really hope they let us explore a bit of Morrowind too, but that's probably wishful thinking. I will be happy with Solstheim and it will be like a blast from the past, yet still new and fresh. Hopefully it's a large expansion pack DLC.

I'm hoping it's a $30 expansion pack like Shivering Isles was for Oblivion.

Back
Top Bottom