Gothic 3 Gothic 3 Forsaken Gods Enhanced Edition

D

Deleted member 18181

g3fsg_ee_en_cm.png

It's coming!

http://forum.jowood.com/showthread.php?t=173479

Question: Is this an official patch?
Answer:
Yes, it totally is. It will be part of the soon to be sold Enhanced Edition of Forsaken Gods, it's being built by the Community Patch Team, produced by our newly formed game development company Mad Vulture Games and it will be published by JoWooD.

[*]Question: You have founded a studio for this (Mad Vulture Games) and the patch is being developed under that name?
Answer:
MVG is to be looked at independantly from the Community Patch Team. The patch is still developed by the latter.

[*]Question: But the patch will be for free?
Answer:
Of course! The patch will be free for download for everyone. Additionally it will be part of any future release of the addon directly.

[*]Question: So you are getting paid?
Answer:
Yes we do! JoWooD and Mad Vulture Games have come to a mutual agreement, and we'll get our piece of the cake.

[*]Question: Are you professionals?
Answer:
Well that was a big topic in Gothic 3 times
wink.gif
. But yes, we are a professional development team which still knows their roots to be in the Gothic community. Which is why we announce this here first.

[*]Question: How long do you already work on the patch?
Answer:
Since quite some time! The first talks have started in April so it's already more than a half year we've been working on fixes so far.

[*]Question: That means the patch must be HUGE?
Answer:
Well, apart from bugfixes, the reworked combat system from Gothic 3 1.74, new balancing, improved graphics, revised ingame models, dozens of adjustments in quests and dialogs, improvements to world design as well as stability and performance improvements there are only few adjustments. ;-)

[*]Question: Is there going to be new content such as weapons, armors, shields, quests or so?
Answer:
No, there are no plans for such things. But that's fine because now the addon may unfold its full potential.

[*]Question: May I test the patch before it is finally released?
Answer:
All tester's seats are already blocked. Therefore you will unfortunately need to be patient until the final release.

[*]Question: Is there something you can show us? Screenshots? Clips? Wallpapers? Stuffed animals? Baseball caps?
Answer:
There will be more material very soon. We will keep you up-to-date!

1. Question: How much will I need to download to get the patch?
    Answer:
    Pinpointing this is not possible at this time of course, but we expect to have an end result of about 1,4 to 2 GB in size.
  2. Question: Are you going to fix the ATI/AMD shadow bug issue?
    Answer:
    We are heavily working on the ATI/AMD hardware shadows mode. What we can say for sure at this time is that the ATI/AMD shadow workaround you already know from Gothic 3 patch 1.74 will be included - with working torch shadows.
  3. Question: When is the patch going to be release or when will the Enhanced Edition hit the shelves?
    Answer:
    When it's done! But we are planning on a release in Q4 2010.
  4. Question: The patch is going to be internationally distributed - does that mean I will be able to choose the ingame language?
    Answer:
    Indeed we've changed the system in a way that instead of a split-up string database including all the ingame texts we are now using a complete database. For us this is preferable because administration and distribution will be quite easier - for you this means that you may freely select the subtitle language ingame. English speech with Chinese subtitles? No problem!

Cheers,
Peter "Glockenbeat" Schramm
Mad Vulture Games

Hmmmmm.... I'm open to the concept but want a review before committing. I thought G3 with 1.6CP and later was a great game. The negative rep on this expansion has me a bit worried however. Where is this set in? Its a new land mass at least isnt it?

You play in myrtana only, forest lands in gothic 3 and continues the story from g3. At the release date, it was a bad joke, couldnt play it more than 1 hour…100 times worse than gothic 3 at launch date :)

But the news of this patch was amazing, so cant wait for it :)

You can read here for more info on the patch http://forum.jowood.com/showthread.php?t=173479

plus some notes here http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gothic_3:_Forsaken_Gods

opr some info

Description: Two Years after the phenomenal success of Gothic 3, this new episode offers a new glimpse into the amazing world of Gothic. Forsaken Gods includes new quests, new monsters and many of the old friends whom gamers around the world got to know in previous episodes. Gothic 3 – Forsaken Gods wil l answer all the questions which have risen in the past and will slowly introduce the fans to a new chapter…

Synopsis: After having banend the influence of the gods in Myrtana, the nameless hero and Xardas have left this world in order to prevail the balance of power. In their exile located somewhere between space and time, they watch the actions of the mortal beings. As they discover a growing of the differences between orcs and humans again, they start to accuse each other and finally even a fight between the companions breaks loose. The nameless hero leaves the secret realm and wakes up in Myrtana, where he tries to unite Myrtana once for good – in a new empire for both orcs and human.

Features:

* Lively and interactive environment which reacts to the player’s actions, creating a very intense and realistic atmosphere
* Improved graphics quality thanks to updated engine technology
* Enhanced user interface
* 15-20 intense hours of gameplay
* Improved combat system with new combat rules
* Plenty of new weapons, armor, monsters and quests

It's set in Myrtana like Gothic 3, but with Nordmar and Varant closed off, you can't go to either in the expansion.

The writing and quests are pretty crap. Whilst a Community Patch might fix the bugs, you will probably still find the experience fairly uninspiring. I wasn't impressed with how much the Community Patch announcement placed a lot of emphasis on graphical improvements when the main storyline is so weak. For example you will probably be disappointed that the fairly cool Nameless Hero has had a personality transplant and now acts like a cross between a bossy do-gooder and a psychotic murderer. I doubt whether this will change with any patch.

I played it through with the last official patch and it was pretty awful. I might try it again with this CP, at least to see whether it is any better.

Agreed.

The game can be played and finished right now as it is.

The great problem isn't the bugs, it's the story and quests. The game remind me about a NWN module made by a 16 year old. The direction they took with the nameless hero was just terrible.

Why the excitement now? We had this in the news a couple of weeks ago. ;)

FYI, since the patch was supposed to be released in 2010, looks like they're aiming for a Q1 2011 release now.

Source.
Check it out, there's a neat wallpaper as well.

JoWooD is only dead if the insolvency administrator says the company is dead.

Looks better ofcourse, but I doubt it solves the problem that the quests and main story are horrible.

I might actually give this a try once the patch is out, but only if others on the Watch can confirm it improves the overall experience considerably.

I, for one, hope they will port some of the technical and visual improvements to G3's cp.

I have banged my head on low hanging ceilings. If someone painted it and decorated the walls nicely it wouldn't make me want to bang my head again on the ceiling and see if it still sucked ... ;)

Back
Top Bottom