Forum Bug Reports and Feature Requests

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm using the same browser with no problems at all.

Thank you for the effort but the problem seems to persist..

I'm using Firefox 3.0.4 and I have deleted all browser cache..

Strange, it works for me since the fix. Maybe you could try changing your options (miscellaneous at the bottom). Set your "Message Editor Interface" to standard, save, then change it back to wysiwyg.

Or maybe you have some custom styles that are interfering somehow? Greasemonkey, AdBlock element hiding helper or something like that?

Did you happen to tweak the PM frames for IE? The margins for text are a few characters wider than the window, which wasn't the case in the past.

Did you happen to tweak the PM frames for IE? The margins for text are a few characters wider than the window, which wasn't the case in the past.

That happens in Firefox as well.

I can confirm that it is absolutely fine on my „work PC“ with the same version of FF. So, something must be wrong with my FF at home, I’ll check it again and post here as soon as I find out what was wrong :)

Did you happen to tweak the PM frames for IE?
Close. I tweaked the "User CP Shell", which is everything around the PM interface, which is still untouched, which is why it doesn't get along with the rest yet. ;)

Close. I tweaked the "User CP Shell", which is everything around the PM interface, which is still untouched, which is why it doesn't get along with the rest yet. ;)
Well, what's the frickin hold up? :rotfl:

Just playing, Arhu. I appreciate your ongoing efforts to keep the Watch the best site around.

@arhu: I agree w/dte about your hard work,--you've done tons of stuff under the hood to keep this site looking good-- and not to be pushy or anything ;) , but that PM interface seems to worsening--it's now hard to see what you're typing because the "Control Panel" menu on the right cuts off the message area. This is new since last week for me in Firefox.

Ok, ok, I'll push it to the top of my list. ^^

I'm not writing a lot of PMs, so it hasn't bothered me yet. ;)

Thanks, Arhu--people are always PMing me about my many mistakes, so I use the function a lot. ;)

I usually only get PM's dealing with issues from the P&R forum!! :)

I usually only get PM's dealing with issues from the P&R forum!! :)

Yes, being divided by our political and religious (or heretical :) ) views, being united by our passion for RPG. I think, there's some sort of balance in it.

but to my initial problem:

It seems that my Post Icons menu problem is gone even at home. But now I see H2,H4 ... tags moved outside the message window, probably logically after this windows was shortened.. Do you see it too? (Firefox 3.0.4, no Grease Monkey or similar..).

It seems that my Post Icons menu problem is gone even at home. But now I see H2,H4 ... tags moved outside the message window, probably logically after this windows was shortened.. Do you see it too? (Firefox 3.0.4, no Grease Monkey or similar..).

Mine is fine with Firefox latest version.

Can someone get me the name of the forum's cookie(s) ?

Because since a few weeks ago my forum display isn't updated anymore - no more "read" status for single threads, only for complete sub-forums.

I plan to delete the cookie so I can have the "read/unread" display again.

Okay, thanks, I'll try it.

I updated the "Write PM" template, should look better now.

Not really.. This is what it should look like:
forumreply.png

The fonts on your screenshot are barely readable too for some reason. Are you using non-standard fonts or font settings? Do you have the standard web fonts like Verdana installed (should be included in Vista..)?

Try doing a shift-reload of this page.. Anyway, I still don't really have an idea what could be causing this on your side...

Well, I don't know either what's the cause. I tried to delete cache, as well as cookies. Maybe some plugin is a cause. Hard to say. I believe that the clean re-install of FF would help but I don't want to do it just now because everything else is rendered - as far as I know - properly.

Maybe when I have more free time..

In terms of fonts, I have no problem. I use Tahoma as a system default without any font smoothing and it suits me. I have LCD Eizo L568 (I plan to replace it with 22" S-PVA Eizo S2231W by the way :) - when I have some free money..)

I updated the "Write PM" template, should look better now.

Thanks very much. The menu is back where it belongs now so I can see what I'm writing. :)

Okay, I've deleted all of my RPGWatch-related cookies, and meanwhile upgraded to the newest update of Opera - and now it works partially again.

Still no update immediately, but when I "reload" the forum's view, then it is correctly update.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom