Drakensang Metamage or Ranger

crazz2323

Watcher
I'm torn on what class to play, Metamage or Ranger in Drakensang the Dark Eye. What do you all prefer and why? I've read people arguing that mages are over powered and the skeleton spell makes things easy is that true? I also read that a dual wield ranger is pretty good.

I haven't played fully mages yet ... Skeletons would be banned in the pen & paper version of the game - at least in the villages and towns. Because this is considered Black Magic by most Aventurians, which means they would heavily frown on it. They'd even call the Inquisition of the Praios Church, if they ever see a Skeleton wandering about - plus, summoning Skeletons is considered a sacrilege in the eyes of all members of the Boron Church ...

This is all I can give as information.

In pen & paper, the mages are often considered as being overpowered as well.

In RoA3 it was almost impossible to win without a mage (or 2) as the archers in the final fight did 1-6 damage per attack if they were lucky enough to hit, meanwhile a mage could do around 60 damage a cast at that point. In DS I find the melee characters are more powerful and when combined with a summoned ally you can melee down any oponent in either game. I won both with barely casting a single spell except for my elf summoning an animal companion.

ROA3 is based on the 3rd edition of the rules set, and Drakensang on the 4th ... There have been huge changes in the system, so one cannot really compare both with one another.

Another point is that Radon Labs changed the 4th edition rules a bit to make them more accessible for the game.

For example, theregeneration of both health points and astral points just isn't there in the pen & paper rules.

Back
Top Bottom