Begin playing SWTOR 1 or 2?

RPGfreak

Watcher
Which one should i begin playing? I got these games because the guys of PS:T made them, and i wanna know which one to play first.

He means Kotor.
Play both of course! Start with Kotor 1. Make sure you install Kotor 2 mod that adds back cut out content that wasn't included in the game relese.

And whoever told you PST authors are behind both Kotor games is wrong. A part of the team that made PST also made Kotor 2.
Kotor 1 is a game made by Bioware with James Ohlen being lead designer and he worked also on Baldur's gate (both).

I'm playing both and I don't like both! I prefer KotOR2 over 1 but still pretty boring unless you are SW fan.... that being said, I'm not saying you shouldn't play them. Just presenting you with the both sides of opinion :p

Like joxer said, play Kotor 1 (no mods needed except maybe something to change resolution), and after that, play Kotor 2 with the mod that restores the cut content. The game doesn't make sense after some point without the restoration (they ran out of money/time and cut a lot of stuff including things that explained events in the last section of the game).

Start with KOTOR1. And if you don't like it after the first few minutes, give it a chance, it gets better. I really liked the story, and the Old Republic setting was familiar yet unique to the SW universe.

I would say to start with kotor 1.

Be prepared for a rather long tutorial as the entire first area is basically made for you to better understand the game's mechanics but offer very little in terms of 'fun' you will have later in the game, in my opinion...

They're very different in style but both worth a playthrough. KOTOR2 is indeed largely a Chris Avellone game so you'll definitely get a similar vibe to PS:T and encounter a Ravel-like character. Apart from its Torment-esque style I wouldn't get my hopes up for more similarities though.

Back
Top Bottom