Proficiency slots in Baldur's gate 2 lvl up

CarcusRex

Watchdog
Twice now I've experienced leveling up with two seperate characters where I had one proficiency slot available but could not advance the particular ones I wanted to.

A lot of the slots didn't even have the + - clicker next to them. That was ok. But the proficiencies where I already had some ranks, and had the + - clicker next to them, I could not advance. It seemed I could only advance with new proficiencies... the ones that had the + - clicker next to them. This was highly dissapointing!

So, folks, what's going on here???

Overall, though, this is one hell of a great RPG! Holy crap... it's so damned satifying compared to the recent garbage that's been released.

Sounds weird. There are some legit reasons though. Sorcerers, Monks, Mages, Thieves, and Clerics cant learn all weapon types and are limited to one star in those they can learn. Multi classes including fighter or ranger can gain two stars at most (and if cleric is one of the classes they are restricted to the clerical weapons), as are barbarians, rangers, and paladins. Only fighters and dual classes including fighter can have more than two stars.

If the limitation is caused by something other than those class specific limits you have a fishy game...

Back
Top Bottom