Blackguards - Available today

Myrthos

Cave Canem
Administrator
We've just received word that Blackguards release date will be released earlier than expected.

Here’s some news you won’t hear that very often: Development of our turn-based RPG has been finished early – we’re happy and excited, and we want to share our excitement with you as soon as we can.
Thus, we are in the lucky position that we can move the release of Blackguards forward to tonight – from 5 pm CET / 4 pm GMT / 8 am PST onwards, the official full version of Blackguards will already be available on Steam and GOG.

Until then, Steam Early Access will continue. Everybody who has purchased or purchases Blackguards in Early Access will receive an automatic update to the full, final version of Blackguards.
More information.

Awsome, just awsome. Now when am I supposed to retest Consortium?

After I finish Blackguards ofc. :D

Hell yeah, that is more than awesome! I love you Daedalic!!!

Hi Watchers,

I'd like to hint you to a reddit AMA if you're interested, that is gonna take place today at release time (8 a.m. PST) with our senior producer Kai and PR director Claas. Since there is no link yet, I'm unable to link you anywhere else than www.reddit.com. We do this in co-op with GOG and will also give away 40.000 keys (no, it's really 40k) for Chains of Satinav for those partaking (GOG keys of course).

Best regards,
Io

Io in another thread they say there is some loot barrels oddity, like you must kill barrels before the battle ends otherwise no loot, any input on that thing? Is it a bug or is per design?
Sorry can't be more specific what's it about as I didn't play alpha access (although I did buy it).

Hi Watchers,

I'd like to hint you to a reddit AMA if you're interested, that is gonna take place today at release time (8 a.m. PST) with our senior producer Kai and PR director Claas. Since there is no link yet, I'm unable to link you anywhere else than www.reddit.com. We do this in co-op with GOG and will also give away 40.000 keys (no, it's really 40k) for Chains of Satinav for those partaking (GOG keys of course).

Best regards,
Io

Thanks alot for the invitation! I will be there for sure! <3 See what you did to me? I'm a Daedalic Fanboy now... XD You guys rock big time!!!

Awesome!! Bought it right away from gog. Waiting to arrive home to play it.

erm. I tried the demo a bit. Are any of you guys sharing my disinterest ?
or should I blame it on taste?

Io in another thread they say there is some loot barrels oddity, like you must kill barrels before the battle ends otherwise no loot, any input on that thing? Is it a bug or is per design?
Sorry can't be more specific what's it about as I didn't play alpha access (although I did buy it).

It's not a bug it one map the loot is several different chests not barrels if you open all the chests before killing everyone you get all the loot.

I have always opened all the chests so I'm not sure how much less you would get if you don't open them all.

I think there are 4 chests in all and the barrels come in because some chests are easier to see if you break the barrels but you don't need to break them.

erm. I tried the demo a bit. Are any of you guys sharing my disinterest ?
or should I blame it on taste?

I'd say blame it on taste.

It's all about the combat if you like it, which I do you will like the game. if not, well there's little else to the game to make you like it.

Ignore it. There is no problem. It seems you get a bit more loot if you open the crates you find in a couple of levels.

Won't ignore it as I'm a nitpicker. :D
But someone in the other thread reminded me (us) that map chests function the same in KB games. You don't open it before the fight ends? Your loss. It's a part of the strategy there, and if it's here, one reason more to strategize better!:)

The chests are usually very close to the guys guarding them. So you're already nearby. You don't have to search the map for them.

I was expecting they would take a little time following the early release to address the various issues mentioned in the reviews. Perhaps they have a patch in the works?

What would the patch do exactly if there is no bug detected/reported?

Anyway, checking steamwhiners reviews, dropped from a chair reading this one:
Lame game.. Took away my strongest character by drugging her and killing her in the toughest fight.. Then making me protect an NPC with 15 health while fighting loads of enemies who self-destuct and a boss.. I played on easy and had to restart and restart and restart and restart and restart.. You call this EASY???!!! Get dragon's age or xcom ppl.. This game is frustrating.. Tutorial is bad.. Dice rolls usually favor the computer.. Can't farm to make my characters stronger.. Lame equipments with no stats.. Constantly strip you naked and put you against ♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥ odds.

Imagine that. Can't grind your way out and that makes a game not recommended. Dunno if it's possible to reply on those reviews but if it is I'll hand that guy a virtual handkerchief.

Won't ignore it as I'm a nitpicker. :D
But someone in the other thread reminded me (us) that map chests function the same in KB games. You don't open it before the fight ends?

Yes but KB isn't that hard game even on highest difficulty so you are not handicapped if you ignore them and focus on fight and all the good things are in world map.

Blackguards looks lot harder(at least I got that impression from some comments here and on codex), so I will wait and see reports on how much it affects game before spending not that small sum on it.

Imagine that. Can't grind your way out and that makes a game not recommended. Dunno if it's possible to reply on those reviews but if it is I'll hand that guy a virtual handkerchief.

I guess he is not a fallout fan.

that's the next generation for you. I understand laziness, but that's ruining a piece of art, by not understanding it-or being too lazy and used for crappy games who hypnotize you instead of actually making you think.

not that games are important, but there are ways to enjoy yourself, and that guy doesn't know how.

I'd say blame it on taste. It's all about the combat if you like it, which I do you will like the game. if not, well there's little else to the game to make you like it.

You're the first person I've seen put it that way. I knew there was something bothering me about what I was seeing on youtube. And I think that's it. Nobody has a problem with there being little that's compelling in an RPG besides the combat? I thought this was the "it's all about the C&C" website?

Back
Top Bottom