Soma - Review @ Gamespot

Well yes I judge it by Amnesia, because for the team it was a much, much bigger commercial success than Penumbra. The team was living on below poverty wages before Amnesia. You really think they won't replicate exactly what has made it successful only with a different coat of paint?

From the footage I've seen so far, I don't get the impression that it's Amnesia with only a different coat of paint.

The engine has come a long way since Amnesia. This game looks a LOT better visually. The level design also looks more open than their previous stuff.

HHR is saying that he has nothing to base his opinion on except some weakly constructed assumption.

Not sure why anyone would take that seriously.

First step would be to have actually played the game.

Game looks great, sounds great and controls very well - so far. It oozes atmosphere and tension, but I don't know how it'll all turn out.

Ugh, that doesn't look so good. Was eager to try this one, but I think I hold off for a while until more reviews trickle out.

Yeah, I'm concerned about the commentary that after a few hours it gets to be pretty old because I can see how that could happen. If it's a good story but drawn out a bit, that's okay with me.

You're certainly not going to do yourself a disservice by waiting a little bit and reserving judgement.

I pre ordered because I love this type of thing and love supporting developers that do too so I'm all in when the sun sets today :cool:

Back
Top Bottom