Will WoW BC give extra free month ?

Surlent

On ghost mode
I have tried searching almost everywhere, but I can't find straight answer whether the burning crusade expansion will give a free month when you buy it. So does anyone here who has the expansion know this ?

There's no answer anywhere because, with all due respect, it's a dumb question. Basic game gives you the trial, and you need the basic game to even play BC in the first place. If youve gotten that far, you want to play WoW, and know what that entails. They arent going to give you a month free of what is basically, expanded content.

If the expansion was standalone, perhaps.

Last edited:
Well I really can't say about WoW but iirc that does exist in EQ and EQ2 each new expansion gives a free month and this was around before WoW, so I don't think it's a competitve issue.
It's been about a year since I played and I didn't play for too long so many things I can't remember for sure. :)

Heh, can't imagine Sony Online would give free months. I always thought they were too greedy, from what I've heard tales on the internet. :p
But from what I tried searching more WoW forums, the general consensus among people there seemed to think there will be no free month. I just can't believe it's so damn hard for Blizzard to put up answer for this simple question.

Samhain's reasoning is all valid and all, but I still think it's just cheap milking of customers to charge from expansion when people are paying monthly fees for extra content already and on top of that not even give them free play time on the same time. But then this is the typical business model for MMOs and with 8 million subsrcibers one free month would take huge chunk of income.

Right, plus they don't need to give one month free with 8 million subscribers, since giving a free month is basicly to attract new customers. :)

Back
Top Bottom