New Paradox Game & DLC

Got it and played it. You may find the launcher crashes sometimes. It's a problem with it downloading Workshop content. If it happens to you, unsubscribe from everything in the workshop content, delete the 'mod' folder in 'my documents/paradox/eu4' and you should be good to go. That or wait until they fix it, since it's a rather common issue I expect them to fix it within 24 hours.

The new game "Project Augustus" should be announced within the week. Each day they post a 'hint', so far these are the hints with my guesses as they were coming:

- This will be our first new major IP released since the original Crusader Kings over 10 years ago. (Hmm… new major IP, hope it's a fantasy Grand Strategy Game, or maybe Ancient civilizations, or a China historical game, or future/space based one).
- Seven and Three are important numbers. (Hmm… no help)
- There will be no stabbing of pigs. (That may rule out Ancient civilizations (sacrifices))
- Terrain truly matters in this game. (hmm… all PDS games use terrain).
- Game Director is Henrik Fåhraeus, 15 year industry veteran, lead designer behind the Crusader Kings and Hearts of Iron series. (no help)
- Elections and Technological Development are important parts of the game. (Ok this totally rules out China, and no elections there, adds chance to future/space based game)
- This is a project we've always dreamt about doing, something all of PI have been involved in, not just the PDS developers. (Hmm… I've read a few times that Paradox wanted to do a space game, so guess it's leaning towards that).
-
16zlcja.png

Not much info, though the hairstyle is 'modern', so even more points to future/space game.

Bleh. Dissapointing with a futuristic game but I guess I'll try it out!

Two more tips:
- Leader characters play an important role in the game. (hmm… could mean anything).
- I have seen things you people wouldn't believe. (This would be a quote from Blade Runner: "I've seen things you people wouldn't believe. Attack ships on fire off the shoulder of Orion. I watched C-beams glitter in the dark near the Tannhauser gate. All those moments will be lost in time… like tears in rain… Time to die.". This to me pretty much settles that it will be a future based GSG).

Ok, it's unofficially official (the Steam store page came out briefly and someone took screenshots while it was up):

lDejdJi.png

uOWK0iI.jpg

wUNRSxn.jpg

sMAFv49.jpg

jvT4qgU.jpg

iO9ynLi.jpg

fZyuMcn.jpg

SCMXJG9.jpg

Wow, looks great. So after GalCiv3 was a disappointment for me, I am glad that there are now two 4X Space Strategy games to wait for (the other one being MOO ofc)

Wait and see.From the pics, the project deviates enough from Paradox norm to cause a visceral rejection from players.
Combat alone looks like a disturbing cause of concern.

Paradox might have a clear vision of what they want to deliver and cling to it, including going against the walls of recrimination or the project will go through deep chances to match the tastes of players who are used to employing maffia tactics.

Wow, that looks seriously good. Consider me excited. I adore CK and EU, so I can't wait to see what they have in store for this one.

Paradox released an expansion for cities skyline
Dark City
Utilize the Day and Night Cycle: The city changes during the hours of the day and affects citizen schedules. Traffic is visibly slower at night and some zoned areas do not work with full efficiency. This expansion will put you in control of managing the different aspects of the day and night cycles.

Leisure specialization: Commercial areas can specialize in leisure activities. Leisure areas are especially active during the night, but work like regular commercial areas during the day.

Tourism specialization: Commercial areas such as bars and restaurants, small marina and fishing tours on the shoreline can specialize in beach activities.

Expanded City Services:

Criminals will now be taken to Prison from Police buildings.
Taxi service will help citizens and tourists travel around the city.
Cargo hubs are harbors that accept cargo trains straight to the terminal.
International airport is a huge airport, allowing much more traffic than the previous airport and has a metro station attached to it.
Bus terminal allows citizens to transfer to other bus lines in the terminal building.

New transportation options: Bikes and dedicated bike lanes and bike ways let citizens opt for a faster alternative to walking. Bus lanes can be used to help the public transportation run smoother.

As expected, and announced, Paradox slowly turns City Skylines into a game by adding a virtual usage of the city by citizens.

Each expansion is expected to add new constraining elements based on social category, transportation and the economy.

City Skylines vanilla was a version to teach players how to deal with basic things without burdening players with external demands from the virtual citizens living in the city.

As players are expected to have grown comfortable with building a city growing for growing, they might be able to grow a city to satisfy the virtual citizens demand.

That is an other learning case in developpment.

Could the incoming version have been released from the start? Maybe not as players struggled to lay out a city without taking into account external demands.

It gives another perspective on DLCs. As developpers can no longer provide an elaborated version from the get go, and must slip their products over several major step by step initiation and teaching releases, dlcs can no longer be seen as a mere scheme to milk customers.

Another question is when to get the product: as the product gets more and more elaborated, it will stray farther and farther from the initial release.
In the end, players who enjoy growing their city for the sake of growing might no longer recognize the product they used to enjoy. Especially if Paradox takes a CK2 direction, that is updating the core of the product with a patch to keep up with each expansion.

Another DLC for Europa Universalis IV was released called The Cossacks.

Link - https://www.paradoxplaza.com/news/cossacks-are-here/

Wonder how many more DLC's Paradox will release.o_O

EU4 is still in its middle life so plenty more to come. I wonder how many more they'll release for CK2 considering it's like 4 years old.
Then again, Everquest is 16 years old and still got a new expansion last month :)

Well let me check how many DLC's I have for each game right now.

Crusader King's II - 61
Europa Universalis IV - 53

Edit:(The total number includes all the various music and Unit DLC.)

Looks like Europa Universalis IV will end up with a lot more at this pace.:)

Last edited:
Here is the latest Stellaris Dev Diary about Policies & Edicts.

Link - https://forum.paradoxplaza.com/foru...tellaris-dev-diary-12-policies-edicts.895923/
Time to fire up the rockets and head into space again, for another sojourn in the world of Stellaris. This week, I thought I’d talk about Policies and Edicts; directly corresponding to Laws and Decisions in our historical games. The general idea is to give you some additional control over the rules that define your Empire, usually with some trade-offs. Your initial choice of guiding Ethics will play a huge part in which of these Policies and Edicts are available, of course.

Policies are, as I mentioned, essentially laws. They are Empire-wide and remain in effect until directly changed by the player, or as the result of a Faction demand. For example, there are Policies regulating slavery, migration, voting rights and orbital bombardment. As the bureaucratic machinery of a galactic Empire grinds ever so slowly, there is a minimum time the player has to wait before changing their stance on a Policy again. Naturally, various Pops in your Empire will like or dislike these Policies depending on their own Ethics, etc. Should a Faction manage to enforce a change in Policy, that change will stay in effect for quite a while… In all, the system is fairly straightforward.

Say that you are playing as a Xenophobic empire. This will prevent you from passively studying any pre-FTL civilizations you might find, or sharing your technology with them; you can only study them aggressively (abducting and experimenting on them) or invade them outright! In a similar vein, Pacifist empires are not allowed to orbitally bombard planets in support of their ground forces, for fear of killing civilians.
You have to excuse my lack of updates as I was on a long hiatus from this website.:)

When I see that many DLC, the word "obscene" comes to mind. It's just a major turnoff for me, somehow. I know, more is better, but sometimes that much choice for so many minor things gets in the way of enjoyment for me.

Do you really? :) Because we both know they're just getting warmed up.

Their CEO actually addressed this recently. And it would seem like they do intend to, at least in future games, slow down the DLC releasing a bit, consolidating it into bigger DLCs. He pointed out that seeing this list of DLC is not exactly inviting for new players, even if only a handful of the DLC on there are actually important. I guess that we're at least seeing one small step towards not making massive DLC lists with the recent "content packs" (which I still think could be merged with the main DLC), where they just combine what previously would be 4 mini DLCs into one slightly larger DLC. Their upcoming games will probably have about 1/3 the amount of DLCs, if this trend continues.

Back
Top Bottom