Death of a Douche.

zahratustra

SasqWatch
By Matt Taibbi:

"So Andrew Breitbart is dead . Here’s what I have to say to that, and I’m sure Breitbart himself would have respected this reaction: Good! Fuck him. I couldn’t be happier that he’s dead.

I say this in the nicest possible way. I actually kind of liked Andrew Breitbart. Not in the sense that I would ever have wanted to hang out with him, or even be caught within a hundred yards of him without a Haz-Mat suit on, but I respected the shamelessness. Breitbart didn’t do anything by halves, and even his most ardent detractors had to admit that he had a highly developed, if not always funny, sense of humor…"

Read more: http://www.rollingstone.com/politic...bart-death-of-a-douche-20120301#ixzz1nzD3NWgC

if he gets buried in the ground, i'm sure pissing on his grave would be on many folks bucket lists.

Who is this ?

I hope I'm never so entrenched in my own philosophies that I cheer the death of another human being.

Well isn't that sweet. All hail the leftie civilized discourse.

He is a conservative who specialized in producing heavily edited videos to get people, mostly liberals, in trouble. Basically he lived by destroying other people's lives with twisted truths and outright lies.

It really irks me that all the Republican presidential candidates are falling over each other to heap praise on him except for Ron Paul who while I disagree with some of his positions is an actual decent guy.

"Republican race"?

That's interesting. Such a comment sounds remarkably racist to me, aside from being remarkably stupid. All hail continued civil discourse from the left.

Yes, I know what he meant, spankies

It has nothing to do with philosophies. There will be a special place in hell reserved for evil people like himself.

What exactly did he do that was evil? (I'm not that familiar with him)

Exposed a lot of leftie shenanigans, such as his ACORN/prostitution sting. Breitbart was obnoxious, which gave the left sufficient grounds to dismiss all the uncomfortable things he uncovered without worrying about reality.

Refer to Bill's post, BN. Don't really feel like dredging up the history and making this any uglier than it is. :|

And DTE, wtf? been drinking early? ;)

Wow thank you for telling me about Wikipedia. Any other useless info? I mean in a sense that who is he that someone should care? What the hell did he do in life? Why would people care?

Nothing on the wiki page seemed particularly evil. The Agriculture thing seemed a bit out of bounds, but I'm not too upset that someone that is admittedly prejudice was forced out of a government role.

Wow thank you for telling me about Wikipedia. Any other useless info? I mean in a sense that who is he that someone should care? What the hell did he do in life? Why would people care?

How about you find it yourself next time then. I was just helping.

You do realize that the wiki was probably smoothed over by Republicans...

OK I'll dredge up the dirt but don't have time to verify its correctness. Anyone can google this shit.

From the Associated Press obituary:
Breitbart was skilled at finding issues that pushed conservative buttons while pulling Internet traffic to his websites anchored to news aggregator Brietbart.com. "I'm committed to the destruction of the old media guard," he once said. "And it's a very good business model."
It also was a radical departure from conservative voices of the past such as William F. Buckley Jr.
"I do what I do because the mainstream media chooses not to do it," Breitbart said. "The game of the left controlling the narrative ... is ending."
...Sherrod, who is black, was ousted from her job as the USDA's state rural development director for Georgia in July 2010 after an edited video surfaced of her making what appeared to be a racist remark. She is seen telling an NAACP group that she was initially reluctant to help a white farmer save his farm more than two decades ago, long before she worked for USDA.
Missing from the clip was the rest of the speech, which was meant as a lesson in racial healing. Sherrod told the crowd she eventually realized her mistake and helped the farmer save his farm.
Once the entire video surfaced, Sherrod received numerous apologies from the administration – including from President Barack Obama – and Agriculture Secretary Tom Vilsack asked her to return to the department to work on civil rights issues.
She declined Vilsack's offer but later sued Breitbart, his employee, Larry O'Connor, and an unnamed "John Doe" defendant for "defamation, false light and intentional infliction of emotional distress."
A lawyer for O'Connor said Thursday that it is unclear whether the case will proceed for the other two defendants, who were in the process of trying to get the case dismissed from federal court.
Breitbart's websites also featured a 2009 hidden-camera video that brought embarrassment to the community group Association of Community Organizations for Reform Now. The videos show ACORN staffers offering advice on taxes and other issues to actors posing as a prostitute and pimp.
Those videos triggered a firestorm of criticism, with some ACORN employees appearing willing to support illegal schemes involving tax advice, misuse of public funds and illegal trafficking in children.
A Government Accountability Office report cleared ACORN of criminal activities.
Even so, public pressure led Congress to block previously approved funds from going to ACORN and to stop future payments. Roughly 10 percent of ACORN's funds came from federal grants and the group eventually disbanded.
Breitbart also sparked a controversy that ultimately led to the resignation of Weiner, whose problems began on May 28 when Bretibart's website posted a lewd photograph of an underwear-clad crotch and said it had been sent from Weiner's Twitter account to a Seattle woman.
Initially, Weiner lied, saying his account had been hacked. But he pointedly did not report the incident to law enforcement – a step that could have led the way to charges of wrongdoing far more serious than mere sexting.
Additionally, his public denials were less than solid – particularly when he told an interviewer that he could not "say with certitude" that he wasn't the man in the underwear photo.
Weiner's spokesman said the photo was just a distraction and that the congressman doesn't know the person named by the hacker.
The congressman denied sending the photo and said he had retained an attorney and hired a private security company to figure out how someone could pull off such a prank.
But Weiner dropped that story line on June 6, offering a lengthy public confession at a Manhattan news conference, acknowledging to online activity involving at least six women.
Breitbart seldom showed restraint in his vitriol to his critics and seemed to relish in the negative attention his antics earned him.
After Sen. Edward M. Kennedy of Massachusetts died in 2009, Breitbart tweeted, "Rest in Chappaquiddick" and called him "a special pile of human excrement." When critics questioned his tone, he tweeted they "missed my best ones!"

Back
Top Bottom