Diablo 3 - Game Statistics

Couchpotato

Part-Time News-bot
To celebrate its anniversary Blizzard rounded up a whole bunch of statistics, and put them all into this neat little infographic.
14.5 million unique gamers have played Diablo III since launch, with 2.1 million logging in every day on average. Of the 67.1 million characters created, just 9% are using hardcore mode. Each of those characters kill an average of 49,595 monsters.

The three Battle.net regions are remarkably evenly represented in the global population, with 22.2 million players from the Americas, 22.1 from Europe, and 22.9 from Asia.
More information.

2.1 million log in on average everyday. Wow. That is one boring game hard to imagine so many people who like it.

2.1 million log in on average everyday. Wow. That is one boring game hard to imagine so many people who like it.

I know the part that baffles me is that 14.5 million people played the game.O_O

More interesting to me: is the rate of player die-off, after the first few weeks, linear or logarithmic?

Poor monsters...

Honestly the game wasn't as horrible as most detractors make it out to be. I suppose it doesn't stand up the so-called legendary Diablo name but then again I found Diablo II to be abysmally repetitive and couldn't play beyond Act 2.

Diablo III is fun but only on its first playthrough. The RMAH was just an awful addition and other than that, I had no issue with it. But while I can understand if others do, its really not a terrible game.

There is no mention of the RMAH or AH in these statistics. Those would be interesting statistics. Can Blizzard top sales revenue of the game with the RMAH? I would be curious to see how close they are.

Quite a lot of players. Nearly 15 millions players.

With the US market representing one third of the players, and the game designed to fit the US market expectations first, that makes a bunch of "useful idiots".

Back
Top Bottom