The ever-popular "Currently Listening" thread

I went and saw Anathema the other day. In a small concert hall, with room for no more than a couple of hundred spectators. Somewhat smaller than the live performances below:

Pibbur who noticed that the string orchestra was missing at the Bergen gig.

I'm having another retro moment, after my re-discovery of an italo house classic
Heh, your mentioning the keyword "Italo" made me think back to Laserdance, which is great music to listen to while hiking or cleaning up.. always reminds me a little bit of the Turrican soundtrack. The two albums "Around the Planet (youtube playlist)" and "Discovery Trip (youtube playlist)" from 1988/89 were running for endless hours on my walkman back then.

Damn, and now I can't stop listening, again.

I'm re-listening to my Tiamat music collection. They are a metal band that has been around since 1987. Their early music wasn't that good, but the later was better.

Last edited:
An old one, still Anathema, here's

from their 2003 album "A Natural Disaster".

pibbur who stood very close to Anathema during the Bergen concert.

Hey guys! I am new here, and I figured I would bring something up that may or may not have been brought up earlier in this thread (or another, but I don't want to read some 120 pages....) Music is great, great music is even better, but I was wondering if I am the only one who has a hard time picking songs that meld well when I am playing a game like Dragon Age or Dishonored or things like that. I was wondering what kind of music everyone here listens to when they play their favorite games? I find stuff that doesn't have lyrics is usually a good place to start. But of course, there are no rules to what everybody likes in combination with what games. I'm just looking for some ideas with the holiday season coming around, I will need to make some playlists! Hope this is a fun thing to talk about!

Welcome, Wyrmofwar! I'm glad you joined! :)

That's actually a good question… o_O I haven't listened to non-game music while playing RPG's in a long, long time.

Though, when I'm playing EVE and I'm out fighting whole squadrons of Amarr or Caldari Navy, I like listening to electronic-y J-Pop like this:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hB1J5qTKTKQ

I like that! I used to play EVE and I can just tell this would be good with that game!

Most RPG's I've played have such good soundtracks that I try not to strafe to far from them, but when I play smash bros I often listen to either zeds dead or any fast paced electronic music. The one thing I loved about watch dogs is the music player while driving. I wish there was a way to import music from your hard drive though. I felt that was something they could have done to make the game more fun!

for those of you who don't know the artist zeds dead, here is a track with Greta Svabo Bech

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tTqyNSsgnlw

I'm not normally too big on dubstep but this strikes me as good EVE music too...

And it seems like a waste to have a music player function and not be able to import tracks from your hard drive. :(

Finally picked up the release from Orange Yellow Red. First CD I've bought in almost a year, but it was worth the wait. I might have put this one up when the video first came out. Just love the chorus. I'm still trying to figure out her bass, though.

"We Ran" by Orange Yellow Red

I was wondering if I am the only one who has a hard time picking songs that meld well when I am playing a game like Dragon Age or Dishonored or things like that.
Normally I don't listen to different music while playing games, preferring the OST. I'd just choose thematically similar music. One instance I remember was the game "Anno 1602" aka "1602 A.D.", which had music that was simply too sweet. The Vangelis Soundtrack for the movie "1492" worked very well with that.

Back
Top Bottom