Dragon Age: Inquisition - The World of Dragon Age Explored

aries100

SasqWatch
Game Informer continues their info month on DA: Inquistion. This time around they show a 5:16 minute video interview with Mark Darrah, Keith Warner, the lead world designer as well as Mike Laidlaw. Mark Darrah reveals that we will be going from Easteren Ferelden to Western Orlais, Mike Laidlaw takes about what open world gameplay means, while Keith Warner talks about playtesting. A quote from Game Informer's introduction to the video:

Creative director Mike Laidlaw had some interesting thoughts on the problems with narrative in an open-world game, so stay tuned to the end of the video to hear him discuss whether or not this is a stepping stone for a fully open-world Dragon Age game.
More information.

I keep trying to contain my enthusiasm, and I keep telling myself I'm not going to pre-order. So someone stop me I think I just might pre-order the game.;)

Just take another long, hard look at DA2... ;)

Bioware pattern:

ME 1 > ME 2 > ME 3
DA > DA 2
KotOR > SWtOR

Do you see it?

Or "Event Horizon" Sam Neill:

DO YOU SEEEEEEEE!

I keep trying to contain my enthusiasm, and I keep telling myself I'm not going to pre-order. So someone stop me I think I just might pre-order the game.;)

Try this…

donkey2.jpg

I'm just trying to figure out why this game is still a year out…

They asked for more time to do a few things to make a great game (and polish it more) and EA gave them a full year. This is why the game will now have payable human, dwarf and elf.

They asked for more time to do a few things to make a great game (and polish it more) and EA gave them a full year. This is why the game will now have payable human, dwarf and elf.

But wouldn't that include development time as well? They should be pre-alpha at best, and by all looks of it they are much farther along. Not complaining-- just don't get why they need an entire year to make it better.

But wouldn't that include development time as well? They should be pre-alpha at best, and by all looks of it they are much farther along. Not complaining— just don't get why they need an entire year to make it better.

I'm not sure I get your question. All the GI footage have pre-alpha literally written over it. Also, Mike Laidlaw said that they didn't necessarily ask for one more year, it's what EA gave them and they are not going to say no to the extra time if it's mean putting in things they had abandoned on the idea board like race choices and story elements* (the only two I know of, although I suspect tactical view is another one).

*I think I need to explain this one. In DA2, there was supposed to be story element if you played a mage that were cut because of time constraint. See people were supposed to have different reaction if you were a mage...but they didn't.

A more explorable world and the use of mounts seem like good additions to me. Mounts can be difficult to implement well though; I wonder how they will handle mounted combat?

Bioware pattern:

ME 1 > ME 2 > ME 3
DA > DA 2
KotOR > SWtOR

Do you see it?

Or "Event Horizon" Sam Neill:

DO YOU SEEEEEEEE!

You forgot Jade Empire, BG, BG2 ... ;)

EA is trying to polish its image recently, so that may as well include DA3. Anyways I liked all mass effects, DA, etc. never played DA2, but I guess I'll find it okay.

As with most things, If you spent (too) much time doing it (playing games), you become too critical to enjoy it. Just play a game for what it is (and have fun). Of course, I have never pre-ordered games either (in fact I never buy games on release) and, hence, haven't been disappointed so far.

Back
Top Bottom