Favorite RPG on the DS

Dasale

SasqWatch
I know it's not the right forum for any console related question but I don't know a single console forum where I don't feel be in an Alien planet.

So I was curious to know favorite DS RPGs from the few here who played DS RPG.

For me, just my 0.1 cent because it's almost the full list of those I played more than few hours and at this date I finished only 3! Ha well anyway :
  • Dragon Quest V
  • Might & Magic Clash of Heroes
  • Dragon Quest IV
  • Suikoden Tierkreis
  • Chrono Trigger
  • Final Fantasy IV
  • Infinite Space
  • Mystery Dungeon : Shiren the Wanderer
  • Disgaea DS
  • Puzzle Quest : Challenge of the Warlords

DS RPGs I own:
- Dragon Quest IV
- Chrono Trigger
- Final Fantasy IV remake
- Final Fantasy III remake
- SMT: Devil Survivor
- Fire Emblem: Shadow Dragon

My faves from those would be the FF IV remake (FF IV is quite possibly my fave FF game... at least in the top 3 anyway) and Devil Summoner.

I also use my DS for GBA games - currently playing Golden Sun II which I bought when it came out but never finished. Really good game. Also have a new game going of FF V (3rd time playing it, always get about 3/4 through and never finish!) and a few others.

I can't play GB games because the lite is too small for my eyes and there isn't anymore the GB slot with the DS XL.

But I played a large part of Golden Sun I, nice game but didn't like much the fights, I stop played it because I gave up try play games on such small screen. Anyway Golden Sun remake is planed to be released this year and I prefer wait the remake and will be able to play it on the DS XL. Remakes are usually very good on the DS and I even regret Chrono Trigger didn't get a remake on DS. The few movies and snapshots preview of the Golden Sun remake look very very good, my little hope (I don't believe much it will happen) is that they tune a little the fights.

FF IV is a very good one, despite some boring XP farming and too many pointless random fights. There's two points that detract me to make it my fav on DS:
  • Plenty random fights that are even more boring because of the fight system making them slow with no efficient auto mode and delays to wait.
  • The second one worth a spoil:
    Abuse of dead friends "resurrected", very fast it made me not believe anymore any friend death, and spoiled me some dramatic effects.

I don't know Shin Megami Tensei : Devil Survivor, not released in my country but for sure I'll try it, that's for such game I opened this thread.

- SMT: Devil Survivor
It's been a little difficult but I finally put my hand on a box of Devil Survivor. I didn't know the series and haven't play the game yet but I tried the beginning. It's one of the best RPG beginning I have played, the mechanism approach is also rather original. The only negative point is that it seems very linear with perhaps one alternate path during this beginning. Seems rather appealing and after have finish Infinite Space (the more I play it the more it hook me) I'll most probably switch to Devil Summoner.

I can't play GB games because the lite is too small for my eyes and there isn't anymore the GB slot with the DS XL.

I had the same problem, Dasale. A pair of 6x magnification reading glasses did the trick for me. May be worth a shot for you? ( And yes, I look incredibly funny with them on!)

Lol never thought of this, but not sure it's that easy to find in country, and probably cost a lot (and probably a lot more than its real value). It's been easy to pick a DS XL at shop at last corner. :) Anyway thanks for the hint.

But I played a large part of Golden Sun I, nice game but didn't like much the fights, I stop played it because I gave up try play games on such small screen. Anyway Golden Sun remake is planed to be released this year and I prefer wait the remake and will be able to play it on the DS XL. Remakes are usually very good on the DS and I even regret Chrono Trigger didn't get a remake on DS. The few movies and snapshots preview of the Golden Sun remake look very very good, my little hope (I don't believe much it will happen) is that they tune a little the fights.

As far as I know, Golden Sun DS is a sequel, not a remake. I may be wrong though, there hasn't been much info about the game so far.

You are probably right, I assume it was a remake because of the title but a Nintendo quote, probably right, mentioned not all summons will make a comeback.

Back
Top Bottom