Dragon Age 2 - News Roundup #10

Dhruin

SasqWatch
Another small handful of Dragon Age 2 odds and sods.
IGN has an article on 10 Essential Mods. None of them look essential to me but the ability to turn on Friendly Fire without Nightmare difficulty looks interesting.
Alrik writes about a competition at German site Adventure Corner to win a Dragon Age 2 -themed external hard drive. I can't see any country restrictions but it's obviously aimed at German readers.
...and some line-listed reviews.
More information.

I like the Texture Mod, as my computer can only run Directx 10.

Well I'm impressed. There are a LOT of mods already on Nexus! The toolset hasn't even been released yet, has it? Maybe somebody found a tweak to get the old toolset to work with the new game?

It looks like a lot of the old mods (e.g. Ren's hair styles) are getting translated over to DA2 which is extra good. Maybe there will be enough mods to make the game worth playing before The Witcher 2 pops out in mid-May.

Well I'm impressed. There are a LOT of mods already on Nexus! The toolset hasn't even been released yet, has it? Maybe somebody found a tweak to get the old toolset to work with the new game?

No toolset yet, beside most of the mods released so far are more like hack of the engine.

Can someone explain these reviews to me. I haven't read them all but I've read most. They proceed to tell you how bad the game is for most of the review. Then towards the end out of nowhere they throw in but dragon age 2 is still a good game and rate it 7+ out of 10 which to me is well above average. I'm only about 8-9 hr's in and am reserveing my judgement. But the reviews just don’t make any sense to me. It's almost like they give their review get to the end and say that's to harsh let's throw in a redeeming paragraph.

Well, it could be that it constantly gets compared to Origins, which means it's inferior. However, it's still an above average game.

Can someone explain these reviews to me. I haven't read them all but I've read most. They proceed to tell you how bad the game is for most of the review. Then towards the end out of nowhere they throw in but dragon age 2 is still a good game and rate it 7+ out of 10 which to me is well above average. I'm only about 8-9 hr's in and am reserveing my judgement. But the reviews just don’t make any sense to me. It's almost like they give their review get to the end and say that's to harsh let's throw in a redeeming paragraph.

Big publisher games are rated on a 7-10 scale. A 7 is damn low for a big publisher game.

Not saying that is right or fair, it just is.

Back
Top Bottom