GOG - Galaxy: Home to over half of The Witcher 3 PC Gamers

Yes it is optional as others have noted. But I would be really curious to see the percent of Witcher 3 GOG versions that went with the archaic download of .exe method versus the modern client method. I'd wager it's about 98% GOG Galaxy, 2% ancient keep the .exe yourself method.

Galaxy is still under beta, you have to "hop in" to use it. Would be interesting to have a number of users for it, but I don't think it is a majority yet.

What about groups on Origin or uPlay?

One could say that GOG Galaxy is a simply stellar platform

One could say that, and they'd either be completely full of crap or they've never used it. I own Witcher 3 on GOG, and how I really, really do wish it was on Steam.

GOG Galaxy is somewhere between nothing and horrible.

At this moment you can't create user groups on GOG I think.
Even adding friends is only possible in the forum.

We have to see what will be added to GOG Galaxy.

I have created an RPGWatch GOGMix.

There are is nothing like the Steam community on GOG that I'm aware of and so, no comments. People who own games on GOG have to go to Steam if they want to take part in discussions about the games.

Also if you have your game set for auto updates, half of the time it doesn't even download the updates, and the other half of the time, it does, but won't install them. On the rare instance that it does both of those things, you won't know it because it doesn't get recorded in the update log, until maybe several days later, if you're lucky.

That sounds a lot like Steam in its early days :) .

There are is nothing like the Steam community on GOG that I'm aware of and so, no comments. People who own games on GOG have to go to Steam if they want to take part in discussions about the games.

Huh? It's about as obvious on GOG's main page- if not more so- than on steam's. Also available and working in the client, albeit having a tab under 'store' is not the most obvious place, there.

I wouldn't have a clue if the autoupdate is working, it's the first thing I turn off on any client. Of course, steam ignores that setting and has for ten+ years. Both Origin and Galaxy have been around a fraction of that time and somehow managed that basic functionality though.

you said:
I wonder if this means eternity sold better on gog than steam ?
It didn't, outside of GOG and Origin PoE was a steam key. It definitely sold a greater proportion of its sales on GOG than a near equivalent like DivOS did though as their sales ranks was near identical there (and DivOS kickstarter copies counted towards that while PoE's didn't), but DivOS had sold around twice as many as PoE on steam.

Not popular enough.

Erm, it's like telling me go buy Madonna's new album because Faith no More is not popular enough.
I mean... You crazy? :D

I picked up Witcher 3 solely due to the GMG deal and thus, have it through Galaxy. It has a ways to go to be true competition to Steam, I often just switch to their website to interface with my gog library. But I have high hopes for it and look forward to using it when they get the kinks out.

GoG Galaxy is not horrible, but not perfect either. I don't mind the extra store tool, got over that ;) Would like a more Steamlike approach to downloading the updates en DLC, but not having to manually (or GoG Downloader) get the different files and run a installer is a good thing in my book (Gods, remember getting a game from someone else in the floppy-era, had to ARJ all files so they could be put in the disks. Command and Conquer was only 23 floppies :)).

Back
Top Bottom