General News - Most Anticipated for 2016

Aubrielle

Noveliste
Francisco from WCCF Tech gives us some of his most anticipated RPG's of 2015. Some are old names and some are less mentioned.

2015 has been a great year for RPG enthusiasts, with many excellent titles such as The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt, Fallout 4, Pillars of Eternity, the PlayStation 4 exclusive Bloodborne, the Wii U exclusive Xenoblade Chronicles X and others yet. It may sound incredible, but 2016 is setting out to be an even better year, thanks to the release of high quality and diverse games that have been in development for quite a long time. Whether you prefer a Western role playing game experience or a Japanese one, there’s a lot to be excited about.

Let’s delve into our list of 2016 role playing games.
More information.

More information.

DArk souls..... not interested

Mass Effect : Andromeda .....gonna be shit... not interested in playing a depleted alien fuckfest romance

Horizon ..... intrigued

PErsona 5..... wtf is that... looks awful

Scalebound..... omg dragon riding .... no pls

So im gonna play - Deus Ex, Torment and DOS2 :D

Horizon looks good but what is up with the executives at these console headquarters putting out games for their machine only? Blah. Way to short change your company and the gaming public.

Again a list without Elex on it.
Peh.

Unfortunately, I don't think Elex is coming out this year. I wish it did, but I don't think so…
From what little English information that is available from Piranha Bytes I would agree and say 2017 is likely. It's a shame the developer is terrible at international marketing.

It doesn't help that international review sites ignore the developer either.:disappointed:

Again a list without Elex on it.
Peh.

a post-apoc RPG by makers of Gothic and Risen ?? How did I miss that omg? ….. why doesn't someone post an article about it instead of garbage articles we are getting since coch left….. nowadays I don't know if its more of amateurish pseudo rpg gamers' articles or drowning in JRPG news no one plays except Arriele

a post-apoc RPG by makers of Gothic and Risen ?? How did I miss that omg? ….. why doesn't someone post an article about it instead of garbage articles we are getting since coch left….. nowadays I don't know if its more of amateurish pseudo rpg gamers' articles or some JRPG no one plays except Arriele
I sent in a few links for Elex that were posted, You just missed them.:)

Link - http://www.rpgwatch.com/games/elex-896/news.html

Also it's not polite to call what someone who post news free of charge garbage. As at the end of the day it's a thankless job given the amount of complaints you receive.

I should know as I did it for two whole years.

What about Vamphyr?...that could be a sleeper hit.

What about Vamphyr?…that could be a sleeper hit.
Well it could be but like Elex not enough information is available yet. Also based off the last website update it looks to be another RPG that will be released in 2017.
VAMPYR is set to be released in 2017 for the PC, PlayStation 4 and Xbox One.

It doesn't look like an exciting year for AA or AAA sort of RPG games in 2016.

I sure hope Enderal is close to being done.

What are some of the bigger kickstart and or indie games for 2016?

I would be greatly surprised if the most anticipated generally by RPG sites wasn't the new Torment though I must admit Mass Effect does have a stronger core following.

What are some of the bigger kickstart and or indie games for 2016?
I don't know about how many Indie RPGs, but I can list a few kickstarter games.

1. Divinity: Original Sin 2
  2. Kingdom Come: Deliverance
  3. Torment: Tides of Numenera
  4. Edge Of Eternity
  5. Hyper Light Drifter
  6. Pillars of Eternity White March Part 2
  7. BattleTech
  8. Free min-expansion for Shadowrun: Hong Kong
  9. The Mandate
  10. Graywalkers Purgatory
I know I'm missing a few but can't remember them.:thinking:
Thanks for the links CelticFrost.:party:

Also it's not polite to call what someone who post news free of charge garbage.

the selection is just bad and hasn't nothing with politeness… the articles that are mirrored here are getting increasingly amateurish… If one has already agreed to do it for free might as well do it right.

Last edited:
luj1,
Why not close your account and move on to a professional site then? Do you happen to have any links you could post to very good and upcoming rpg's?

Have you asked to be on the staff to help improve things as you see need help?

I like reading rpg information. I pass on things I consider not worth my time.

Seems though if this place is below your standards in the short year you have been here maybe you could help out?

Ask couch, I don't offer twice… I already write once a week as a corresponding member for a certain Italian RPG portal I wont name and one regional ezine where I do graphic design also… It's minor work but No, even If they'd ask me now I wouldn't , I've come to realize this site is much better suited as a laughing stock

Last edited:
90% of the articles (recently) are what Couch sends me. I only post about 10% of the articles here based on what I find.

So really, you're telling Couch that his tastes are getting more "amateurish" (whatever that means?).

This article was one he sent me.

And I'm sorry you're no longer happy here, Luj. Personally, I try to avoid things that make me unhappy, but…that's just me.

I will admit that I am mildly curious whats going on with Mass Effect Andromeda. With the shake-ups Bioware has had in the past year, including one of their senior developers leaving, it makes me wonder what's going down in their studio.

And I would think if you don't like the news posted here, the solution is pretty obvious. Don't waste your time anymore. Don't do things you don't like (unless you're getting paid for it, which you aren't).

90% of the articles (recently) are what Couch sends me. I only post about 10% of the articles here based on what I find.

So really, you're telling Couch that his tastes are getting more "amateurish" (whatever that means?)..
Correct Aubrielle and it doesn't help that it's was the holidays.:nod:

So I found whatever I could this week. and was lucky to find anything.
I will admit that I am mildly curious whats going on with Mass Effect Andromeda. With the shake-ups Bioware has had in the past year, including one of their senior developers leaving, it makes me wonder what's going down in their studio..
I'm excited about having the open world exploration with vehicles back. As BioWare cut the content from last two games citing fans didn't enjoy based on ME data polls.

I'm also curious at what time frame the new game fits in at. Since the last trailer had Commander Shepard wishing your mission a success as the ship left the galaxy.

Back
Top Bottom