Things you don't need to know...

400 people interviewed for an oral history of MTV's early years could not agree on what was the best video, but they all agreed Billy Squier's "Rock Me Tonite" was the worst.

According to Wikipedia.

pibbur who won't be seen playing a pink Telecaster

Why yes, I would not mind downloading "butter" at all.

Directly into my "tongue".

The song Odorono by the Who is about a fictional deodorant and the unpleasant consequences of not using it:

She ripped her glittering gown
Couldn't face another show, no
Her deodorant had let her down
She should have used Odorono

In other words: It stinks!

pibbur who for some reason knows that the singer in this case is mr Townshend himself

What's deodorant, or is that something else I don't need to know!!??!! :D

What's deodorant, or is that something else I don't need to know!!??!! :D

Since down under is too far away for unpleasant body odors to reach me, I agree. You don't need to know that.

Being serious for a moment: I thought deodorant was a valid word in English?

There's nothing like the clean, fresh smell of honest sweat!! :)

Well … this is actually something some of you (especially Pibbur) might find useful:

According to Wikipedia the grass Oplismenus can be used as a substitute for lawn. Now, in what way is this important? Well, according to http://www.plantzafrica.com/plantnop/oplismhirt.htm, it can be lightly mowed, but this is best done infrequently Yay!

pibbur who finally has found a replacement for moss, the dominant species in several areas of his lawn.

There's nothing like the clean, fresh smell of honest sweat!! :)

Smell of sweat travelling from Oz to No can hardly be called fresh! Hah!

Check this out then. Since the page updates every couple of days, it's page 240.

Sea gingers pwns sea fans. Always!! Because Wikipedia says so.

pibbur who prefers to stay away from both gingers and fans at sea. And other nastities below the surface.

According to my local newspaper no one in the nordic countries suffers more from computer-use-related pain as the Norwegians. I wouldn't be surprised (I see no point in verifying this) if we suffer more than the entire western world.

BUT THAT DOESN'T STOP US!!

says pibbur who choose to disregard the - according to the same paper - no more than 4 hours recommendation by the health authorities

Pibbur, does it take you a while to type your posts in consideration of the witty endings you always come up with? Also, this thread brings joy to my day.

says rossrjensen who interprets the "things you don't need to know…" thread as irreverently ignominious irrelevance.

Pibbur, does it take you a while to type your posts in consideration of the witty endings you always come up with?
Not really, it just pops up in my head.

Another thread "of mine", the "Today is" thread took much more time, which was one of the reasons I stopped it after about a year. I'll let you in on a secret though, if you promise not to tell anyone: There will be a (short lived) revival of it in the beginning of February, as I once again will embark on a two week Europe-by-train expedition.

Also, this thread brings joy to my day.
Yay!
says rossrjensen who interprets the "things you don't need to know…" thread as irreverently ignominious irrelevance.

pibbur who will spend some time pondering the meaning of ignominious

According to our local newspaper, Scandinavian Airlines recommends that people put their shoes on when going to the on board toilet.

And that men sit down when urinating. Hah! HAH!!!

says pibbur who like other real men never misses!!!

Production of The X-Files episode "Terma" involved an oil plume 300 feet (91 m) high. I wish they'd spent the same amount of money on the episode with the supposedly Norwegian title "Død Kalm" (it's not) which is supposed to take place in/at the coast of Norway (it's not) whith characters supposedly speaking something supposedly Norwegian (it's not). Yeeeeech!

says pibbur who will never go to the supposedly Norwegian town "Tildeskan" (it's ...). And who realizes he's written a lot about Norway lately, but is actually quite happy with that since it's definitely something you don't need to know.

Back
Top Bottom