David Gaider - Characters I Didn’t Write

Couchpotato

Part-Time News-bot
Lead Writer of BioWare's Dragon Age games David Gaider answers a question on his blog about the characters he didn’t write.

Here was the fans question.

So as lead writer I’m sure you tend to get first choice, but I was wondering have you ever wanted to write another person’s character? Maybe because they just seem so interesting to you or because you found how they were progressing interesting?
And here is part of his response.

If there was a character I really wish I’d had the chance to write, it’d probably be Jowan in DAO. I thought he was a challenge, taking a character who was a coward and bring him through an arc of redemption, saying something about courage and what it takes to come back from doing something terrible. He wasn’t planned to join the party from the beginning, but for a while he was in the roster and I was very fired up to do it—and then we had to cut him, perhaps in part because others in the team thought he was lame. Which he was, but I saw him in terms of what he could become—not what he was in that plot. So that was difficult to let go of.
More information.

Much more interesting character then the ones the left in your party.

It's not that I'll defend his work (I consider it mediocre), but that's why Fenris and Anders were so poorly written at DA2. Well I hope BW will hire better secondary writers for Inquisition.

Back
Top Bottom