Card Hunter - Most Original Game @ PC Gamer

Couchpotato

Part-Time News-bot
PC Gamer has picked Card Hunter as their Most Original Game of the Year.

As gaming genre boundaries continue to break down and old fashioned genre labels lose their relevance, designers are increasingly happy to collide once separate ideas into inventive new ones. None have done that with as much cleverness this year as Card Hunter, which fuses turn-based tactical combat with collectible card games, wraps it up in an endearing D&D homage, and then gives it all away for free.
More information.

I gotta say it. This is a truly fun game that has about everything I like in a game in it. And with my backlog it is okay to pick it up and spend 10 minutes or 2 hours and always have a good time.

I played it a bit but lost interest due to other games....

Curious; does it have an interesting world to explore? It felt just like a bunch of places to click on the map to fight,loot more cards and level up. Is there more to it than that?

I played it a bit but lost interest due to other games….

Curious; does it have an interesting world to explore? It felt just like a bunch of places to click on the map to fight,loot more cards and level up. Is there more to it than that?

No, that's about it. I still found some enjoyment in it though, but just for passing time.

Back
Top Bottom