Mysteries of westgate?

Benedict

SasqWatch
Original Sin 2 Donor
Is it supposed to be released today? Couple of places have July 25th 2008 as the release date but no sign . . .

Are they putting it out or are they still sitting on it like a bunch of idiots, waiting for copy protection so long that they lose more sales through loss of interest than they'd gain through decent protection?

I don't think that 'they' (Ossian) have any say in the release date ...

I expect another delay as they wrestle with the mess they made including and then pulling it from NWN2 Gold. Atari customer service is head-scratching as we type.

I just took a quick run through the NWN sites (NWNVault, Sorceror's Place, Ossian homepage) and a few of the bigger general news sites, and didn't see anything about a release happening today, or anything at all new on the Atari situation. I expect somebody will give out an update on the latest delay at some point. :)

I don't see that they would release it without some promo buildup. I expect a press release (some century or other) with a release date a few weeks later. Just my guess.

There's a rumor that the pirate groups have agreed on not cracking Alone in the Dark 5 due to Atari's situation.

I don't think that 'they' (Ossian) have any say in the release date ...

I meant more Atari, they're a far more shadowy and sinister force deserving of a "They".

Thanks for the advice all anyway, how bloody annoying. I'm getting vaguely sucked into silverfall while waiting, but I'd rather be playing something good.

There's a rumor that the pirate groups have agreed on not cracking Alone in the Dark 5 due to Atari's situation

I am sure a pirate group will crack it. There is always one group that will, even if the others would not!

I meant more Atari, they're a far more shadowy and sinister force deserving of a "They".

Honestly (and sadly) I don't think Atari cares much about Ossian's (or our) plight. This is part of a bigger picture for them, and they don't really care who they screw along the way. Atari being Atari, in other words.

Honestly (and sadly) I don't think Atari cares much about Ossian's (or our) plight. This is part of a bigger picture for them, and they don't really care who they screw along the way. Atari being Atari, in other words.

Which is why I refer to them darkly as "They", expecting an ominous roll of thunder as I do.

Seems odd that they're screwing themselves though, I reckon they'll end up with lower sales and a less enthusiastic modding community (and hence future loyal customer base) than they would with just putting it out even without perfect copy protection.

Back
Top Bottom