Risen - Voice Talent PR

Dhruin

SasqWatch
We've already posted the headline details but Deep Silver has released an official PR on the voice talent in Risen, which fleshes out some additional roles:
Basingstoke, UK, 12 August, 2009

Risen Voice Talent Cast Revealed
Andy Serkis and John Rhys Davies head notable cast

Deep Silver, the games label of Koch Media, a leading producer and distributor of digital entertainment products, today confirms the A-list voice talent featuring in forthcoming RPG Risen.

One of the busiest actors in the UK, Andy Serkis takes the role of The Inquisitor. Serkis, who has had a long and varied acting career, is best known for his CG character representations Gollum in the Lord of the Rings trilogy and King Kong in the movie of the same name. Veteran British actor, John Rhys Davies, who has starred in countless blockbuster movies such as Indiana Jones and the Lord of the Rings trilogy, performs as Don Esteban. Movie actress Lena Headey, who played Sarah Connor in Terminator TV spin-off Terminator: The Sarah Connor Chronicles take the role of Patty. “The quality of the voice casting reflects the quality of the game” stated Paul Nicholls, Sales and Marketing Director, Koch Media UK “with such an amazing lineup of talent from movies and TV, there is a voice everyone will recognize; we will attract a new generation of RPG players to the genre”.

Serkis, Rhys-Davies and Headey are joined by a lineup of some of the most recognisable British TV actors; Fincher is played by Torchwood actor Burn Gorman, Larkrise to Candleford star Brendan Coyle takes the role of Commandant Carlos, Damian O’Hare who starred in medical drama The Royal plays Olf. I’m Alan Partridge regular and Star Stories narrator Simon Greenall plays Luis. Oscar is played by Grange Hill actor Donald McCorkindale while fellow Grange Hill actor and Secret Diaries of a Call Girl star Stuart Organ plays Brogar. The Archers actress, Louiza Patikas represents Sara and Timothy Watson who has starred in countless TV dramas from Eastenders to Casualty takes the role of Romanov

All the actors were cast and recorded by award winning London agency Side, with voice direction carried out by Andrew S Walsh.

Developed by Piranha Bytes and releasing on Xbox 360 and PC, this epic role playing game is set in a medieval world on a volcanic Mediterranean island. The “Risen” story unfolds over four chapters and will offer multiple ways to develop the story depending on the player’s actions and decisions. An innovative and intuitive user control interface will support both casual and hardcore gamers. With full world streaming support, Risen offers a seamless experience while playing in a fully simulated game world with authentic characters.

Risen will be released for the Xbox 360„¥ video game and entertainment system from Microsoft® and Windows® PC. More information about Risen at http://risen.deepsilver.com.
More information.

Damn, I must've missed that Rhys-Davies film -- Indiana Jones and the Lord of the Rings. Anyone have it on DVD? Is there a one-on-one with Sauron where he de-rings the Dark Lord with a deft flick of the bullwhip? Rhys-Davies *does* play Indy, I hope?

This has been the first press release in a long time that I -- more or less -- actually read. While this particular one seems relatively harmless, I can't say I missed having shivers being sent down my spine or getting this feeling of acute nausea due to overzealous marketing speech.

Is anyone offering knitting lessons? I want to take up knitting.

Still good to hear about these talents though. Hope they were given enough opportunities to excel.

Last edited:
I am always skeptical of hiring name talent for video games for two reasons:
- Over-priced compared to standard voice actors
- Under performing ... anyone remember David Duchovny's bits?

That said, these types of actors should do a good job as they bring skills as well as names to the game.

Back
Top Bottom