Witcher 3 Unanswered questions (PC version)

The Witcher 3

joxer

The Smoker
Original Sin Donor
Original Sin 2 Donor
Wasn't home for a week, tried to catch up, but this is a disaster.
Everywhere it's just a confusion, spam-o-rama, lack of info, important stuff burried if answered at all. And it's all the same on comments under reviews on internet, steam crybaby forum, official TW3 forum or here.
So I need some answers before I start the game (downloading nVidia driver currently).

First thing of course is the so called downgrade. I don't want details like "this effect is not implemented" or "they've added that effect". I'm more interested into answers on these two:

1. Is The Witcher 3 cheap AutoCAD*? Did you really think it will be?

Next, controls. Now I got totally confused. Some people on this site swear that joystick, wheels or whatever is better than keyboard with TW3. Meanwhile on some reviews they say controllers suck compared to keyboard when it comes to store/inventory in the game. Additional confusion comes from some ALT controls - why are people using that at all if the game has Risen2/3 doubletap roll/dodge control?
So is TW3 like bloody Neptunia for PC where they decided to insult players who prefer keyboard? Or is it more like Assassin's Creed 4 (and Rogue) where the ship game plays better with keyboard+mouse than with controller? Or it's like Valkyria Chronicles that respects both? In short:

2. Did CDprojekt make great controls with any device?

Noone mentions bugs. All I saw is HUD discussion, some say turn it off, some say turn just a part of it off, some say doesn't matter… Cmon people, what's going on? There is no way a game just released can be bug free. It can be polished enough to contain minimum amount of annoyances though, but noone mentioned that anywhere. Basically I'm asking:

3. Is TW3 bug-o-rama?

The gameworld is huge, I got that. But hell noone said what kind of world it is. Will I face endless annoying dragons from Skyrim and bears from Dragon Age:Bears or it's "Gothicware" where once killed trashmobs are done for good and FarCry3 where once a base is "liberated" trashmobs don't respawn again. Yes, I'm asking:

4. Is TW3 an intelligence insulting grinder?

Seen on many places some people are trying to persuade others into believing that CDprojekt joined EA/Ubisoft phylosophy.
And okay, I was the first one totally disappointed when I saw "season pass" announcement. But I don't see anywhere $10 horse armor DLC, pay2win multiplayer packs, gambling boxes you pay a fortune just to get one item you want, cutouts, Bioware/Helix Points and similar scams.
Moreover I didn't see anywhere that the game crashes with DX error or that you're forced to use WASD instead of a mouse because of pisspoor port (DA3). Even more, I didn't see anyone says that the game performs the same or better on consoles because of nonexisting optimization (microstutters in Assassin's Creed 4 because it doesn't use all 4 cores but just 2), nor I've seen someone found out that the game settings were hidden deliberately from menus and ini files (Watch Dogs).
So I have to ask:

5. Did CDprojekt really become another EA/Ubi?

I've already said that no matter what, just because one thing in the game I'll vote for it when it comes to GOTY poll before I even played it. But those who are already onto the game can probably answer if the game is really GOTY material or is yet another mediocre product not really different from other games and not really worth it's price.
I did read in reviews that TW3 is a technical advancement, an attraction, a must try game. If only I could believe critics just like that after their praising DA2 and spitting on Raven's Cry… Those same critics and reviewers are responsible so many people bought Destiny just to discover they could spend their cash on better games. Lemme rephrase it into a question:

6. Is TW3 another overhyped garbage?

While I was typing, the driver downloaded and is now up. Gotta eat something before I start TW3, hoping I'll get my answers soon. Btw, how come news on RPGwatch didn't mention the fuss on Korean market (and probably Japan) where the release didn't contain korean (and japanese) voiceovers but they had to wait a few days for it and because they messed up CDpr gave all korean buyers TW1 and TW2 for free? Maybe we don't have any members from Korea here, but still.

————————————————-
* http://www.autodesk.com/store/autocad - as you can see, AutoCAD price is in thousands of dollars

"Is The Witcher 3 cheap AutoCAD?"

What does this even mean? Do you even know what AutoCAD software is?

Imo keyboard/mouse for this game isn't any good. I tried it (not for that long but..).

If you have a controller it vibrates when you are alerted by your witcher sense.. For example i walked around in a forest and suddenly the controller vibrated a little, so i turned on the witcher senses and i saw footsteps. Not sure what the keyb/mouse players gets instead, but surely nothings as nicely implemented as that.

You are a strange man vurt. If you have said that you PREFER to play TW3 with a controler I would understand. Instead you say that "keyboard/mouse for this game isn't any good"! They are good good enough. You might not like them but that's your and not the game's problem.

Please, I need answers on questions, not catfight or selling smoke.

All questions. Not just one. And proper answers. Because if we're to discuss vibration and needs for it, I can always put my iPhone on vibrate and stuff it up my… Erm… Yea, would be a bit tricky but I can't know if I never tried, right?

:lol: ok back to the game….

1 AutoCAD is not cheap but a lot of the engineers that use it are as they have not real world experience machine the parts they are drawing up.

Joxer, I missed you this week. Hopefully your work trip was worth missing a few days of game play. I only had to miss the first two days because of work.

I have not ran into a single bug that I know of and I have cleared White Orchard completely. The game is huge, beautiful, interesting, Great, well done Everything and more than I expected.

I am surprised I am up right now, I played a bit when I got in yesterday afternoon. Then did some family things like eat, walk the dog with the wife etc. So at 9pm I started on just a simple quest. I never left that quest, though it turned into other quest with or about the same person many times. When it was all said and done I barely scratched the surface of the new area I am in and took me to 4am.

It is amazing, yes I gush…

You are a strange man vurt. If you have said that you PREFER to play TW3 with a controler I would understand. Instead you say that "keyboard/mouse for this game isn't any good"! They are good good enough. You might not like them but that's your and not the game's problem.

Learn the meaning of "imo". Thanks.

1. The game looks good even on medium-low settings but I wouldn't know much about the downgrade (and I really don't care).
2. Never played any games on the controller (except NBA or NHL long time ago) and I don't have any complaints or issues with TW3 mouse+keyboard controls.
3. I'm already 40 hours in the game and have encountered only minor bugs couple of times (corpses levitating and my horse sort of merged with a tree once). There is also a bug about chernobog weapon runes (false description). That is all.
The next 3 answers are easy: NO. Even though I really just scratched the surface I haven't been sucked in by the game this much since probably Morrowind and that was almost 15 years ago. It has also been that long since I neglected almost everything else (including sleeping) because of a video game. Hope this helps a bit.

Learn the meaning of "imo". Thanks.

Doesn't change anything. Since you are sharing your opinion with others you might give a false impression to those who haven't played the game yet.

Doesn't change anything. Since you are sharing your opinion with others you might give a false impression to those who haven't played the game yet.

So reviews should not be allowed either then, and of course every opinion should be banned since it could give off the wrong (false?) impression or someone may take the opinion for a fact (e.g children or perhaps a retarded person who doesn't understand the difference between fact and opinion).

Ok, good, then at least we know where you stand in this matter, i will say that i think you are very alone in your extremist views :)

Edit: Signature worthy! Congratz.

Last edited:
Show me one other person in the Watch who said that K&M controls aren't any good? In their opinion or in general? Very alone? Moi?

I know for a fact that many reviews and people pointed out how bad the keyb/mouse controlls were. The discussions were many and CDPR eventually patched it to make it somewhat better, which you would have known if you followed the game or the discussions :) But you didnt.

It also wouldnt matter if 99.9% thought it was good, i'm still allowed to have an opinion and you are free to come up with your own arguments why i'm wrong, you still havent came up with a single argument other than i should be quiet and keep it to myself.

I don't think internet is the right place for you.. your communist views and internet just doesnt go along very well. Just a friendly suggestion before you realise i'm not the only one on the internetz with an opinion that is different from your own.

What did CDP supposedly do to make K+M controls "better"? I haven't noticed any differences now compared to before the patch. The controls were fine then and they're fine now.

I don't have a problem with some people thinking a controller is better. To each his own. The people claiming that the M+K controls are "bad" though don't seem to have a clue what they're talking about.

Maybe they tried both and realised one of the controll methods is just better implemented or more responsive?

Responsiveness is very much like framerate. If you're used to 30 FPS it's easy to think "yeah it's pefectly fine, i couldnt care less to have 60 FPS." Then you play the game at 60 FPS for a few hours and go back to 30 and you realise "wow, 30 isn't that great after all, i dont think i can go back". That's often the case for me when i try different controll methods (i'm kind of a controller freak you might say, i hate the fact that not all first person games have Track-IR support, after getting used to it for some games).

Much more likely is that those who prefer controler sticked to controller and those who prefer k&m sticked to k&m.

not really, i know a lot of PC people who doesnt even have a controller so that they can compare.. i'd say their opinon isn't very trustworthy because of that fact alone.. obviously they're of course allowed to have their opinion, it's just that it doesn't really say much (other than "i have mouse/keyb i like it, didnt try a controller but i don't believe i like it) :)

I wasn't talking about the people who simply prefer a controller. Again, I'm talking about those claiming that it has poor M+K controls. It doesn't.

I thought it was pretty clear what I said but apparently not. :)

Back
Top Bottom