The TV Series discussion thread

I'm halfway season 2 now. It's good but not as good as your hyped opinion ;)

Knights of Sidonia has been my guilty pleasure lately. I like it a lot, just finished season 1. I hope season 2 is on its way

I started to watch Knights of Sidonia after seeing your other post. Pretty good show, it feel like Anime which were made in 90s. I hope they make S2 as well.

Also I noticed they they don't make sci fi Anime similar to Star Trek, Babylon 5 etc.

I started to watch Knights of Sidonia after seeing your other post. Pretty good show, it feel like Anime which were made in 90s. I hope they make S2 as well.

Also I noticed they they don't make sci fi Anime similar to Star Trek, Babylon 5 etc.

Well there's Star Trek the animated show from the 70s. Also Star Wars: Clone Wars (just watch it in the correct order) and currently Star Wars Rebels

Well the writers need to lure in viewers with hopes for a quality season before they hit them over the head with subsequent episodes chock full of melodrama and committees.

Well there's Star Trek the animated show from the 70s. Also Star Wars: Clone Wars (just watch it in the correct order) and currently Star Wars Rebels

I don't consider animated Star Trek, Star wars to be "Anime". What makes Anime different from other animation is the Japanese culture and how they view the world. I don't mean Anime is better, in fact most of it is garbage.

What I was trying to get was that there aren't many Anime set in space in similar structure to Star Trek etc. Where a space ship going out and exploring new world etc. I would like to see Anime take on this concept.

Did you ever think they would show an episode with that much violence on cable TV? The season 5 premiere of The Walking Dead was more brutal then HBO series. They pulled in a lot of people because it beat the NFL and is the highest rated cable show in history.

A zombie show for adults and about survival. I must have died and gone to heaven.

Did you ever think they would show an episode with that much violence on cable TV? The season 5 premiere of The Walking Dead was more brutal then HBO series. They pulled in a lot of people because it beat the NFL and is the highest rated cable show in history.

A zombie show for adults and about survival. I must have died and gone to heaven.

This may have been one of the best episodes of the series imo. But given the brutality in the beginning of the episode I can't watch that one again. I must admit I love when our people (Rick, Carol, etc) exact their revenge-- though they move ever more towards the dark side.

Really? I thought it was the same pointlessly violent bullshit we've seen a million times before.

I heard good things about S5E1, so I had to check it out - but I had to stop ~40 minutes in as I realised the show is still nothing but a handful of bad situations recycled over and over and over.

No Zombies for me. Thank you, but no. I liked that kind of stuff when I was in highschool, but not anymore. I saw a few episodes of TWD last year and ... it's not my cup of tea.

I almost missed this, but a second series of Transporter- The Series has begun; only 3 episodes released so far, but I think it could be even better than the first series. Check it out!!

No Zombies for me. Thank you, but no. I liked that kind of stuff when I was in highschool, but not anymore. I saw a few episodes of TWD last year and … it's not my cup of tea.

Same here, actually no, I never understood the fascination with stupid funny walking corpses in the US. No zombies for me, ever.

Same here, actually no, I never understood the fascination with stupid funny walking corpses in the US. No zombies for me, ever.

You can say that about the fascination about any hobby in the history of mankind. So what's your point? :)

Really? I thought it was the same pointlessly violent bullshit we've seen a million times before.

I heard good things about S5E1, so I had to check it out - but I had to stop ~40 minutes in as I realised the show is still nothing but a handful of bad situations recycled over and over and over.

Tell me what has not been recycled over and over that has been popular since the 1960's? Can say that about crpg's or anything really. Violence like that has rarely been shown on cable TV. I am not saying that is a good thing or bad thing but I was shocked a bit and I have watched almost every zombie movie ever made.

In a zombie apocalypse tell me what the good situations would be ? :) What can I say, you all know I love my zombies. First VHS tape I ever rented was Romero's Dawn of the Dead. Must have watched it 3x that weekend back in 1982 when I was 12.

Tell me what has not been recycled over and over that has been popular since the 1960's? Can say that about crpg's or anything really. Violence like that has rarely been shown on cable TV. I am not saying that is a good thing or bad thing but I was shocked a bit and I have watched almost every zombie movie ever made.

So, you're saying every show is the same and of equal value because they deal with stuff that resembles something else?

Ok, that's not how I see it at all.

In TWD, I'm seeing a show that's going nowhere - and which has been going nowhere for a very long time.

It seems to be about a bunch of people facing brutal gory violence at every turn - and the story seems to have no plot, and the characters are implausibly stupid.

In a zombie apocalypse tell me what the good situations would be ? :) What can I say, you all know I love my zombies. First VHS tape I ever rented was Romero's Dawn of the Dead. Must have watched it 3x that weekend back in 1982 when I was 12.

Why are you talking about good situations? I'm talking about a plot and progression.

I don't enjoy repetition on this level - and I like things to evolve.

What can I say :)

You can say that about the fascination about any hobby in the history of mankind. So what's your point? :)

You can say anything about anything. So what's your point?

He's saying he's not interested in zombie stuff. Hardly rocket science.

OMG, this would be totally amazing if it comes through.
A TV series based on The Foundation by Asimov, by HBO
I already want to watch it. Time to make a pact with Nolan.
devil_smiley_073.gif

Thanks for the link danutz_plusplus.:party:

I already want to watch it. Time to make a pact with Nolan.
devil_smiley_073.gif

Thanks for the link danutz_plusplus.:party:

Let me write a review for the series right now...
"The series is great, but not nearly as good as the books". Yes, we know that reviewers, stop telling us how much better is reading the book over the movie/series, will you just tell us if the movie/series in itself is good? Thank you.

People always criticize movies as being worse than books. While true there is no easy way to adapt them due to the limits of film, and various other reasons.

So I always watch TV shows or Movies based on books with an open mind.

Update:
I'm currently watching a few new TV shows called Constantine, and Gotham. Both are based off comics and are not that bad actually. I can't wait to watch more.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom