Original Sin - Spring Is Coming

Myrthos

Cave Canem
Administrator
A new video has been made available for Divinity Original Sin showing what will be coming your way this spring. The video shows amongst others new landscapes and creatures.

Sneak preview of what's to come this Spring for Divinity: Original Sin. Now on Steam Early Access. The world is growing ever more vast and more interactive, and here you'll find a first look at some of Rivellon's previously unseen fairytale landscapes and creatures. If you pay close attention, you'll find that it's not only your elemental powers, but also tempestuous weather that can shift the winds in combat.

Does this mean the game will be available this spring or that the next update of the alpha/beta will have this?

More information.

I think the release date is a guessing game at this point. Some sites say spring, and others summer. I'm going to pick summer, or next winter due to the state of the Alpha.

So what is your guess? ;)

I don't care as long as it is fun & bugfree ! ;)

Same here. I'm rather waiting for a better, more bug-free game than play it early.

The real question is do they have the funding necessary to keep development going another year. I want a bug free fun game myself.

This is not being negative just realistic.^^

Last edited:
The real question is do they have the funding necessary to keep development going another year. I want a bug tree fun game myself.

The realistic question is where is the crossing point of acceptable 'done-ness' compared to remaining funds?

The realistic question is where is the crossing point of acceptable 'done-ness' compared to remaining funds?
No it's an honest question as more development time means you spend more money.

They got a certain amount of money on kickstarter and more off Early Access. It will run out at some point. I have seen other projects face this problem.

I'll stop there as I don't have a problem with this game, and I look forward to playing the finished product. I also don't feel like getting in a debate with anyone.^^

Update- It will be out in spring here is the new press release with more information.

Divinity: Original Sin Launching Spring 2014

Larian Studios announces a new launch timeframe for Divinity: Original Sin. The extra time will be used to implement feedback received from Steam Early Access players and Kickstarter backers. Divinity: Original Sin features a huge and reactive RPG world with unparalleled 2-player co-op, and Larian is taking the time necessary to make it right and polished. As the game approaches launch, the Steam Early Access version (http://store.steampowered.com/app/230230/) will continue to see frequent improvements, including bug fixes and some sizable content updates. 

Spring is Coming Trailer
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9dVbTjK_o4k
Catch a sneak preview of what's to come this Spring for Divinity: Original Sin in our newest teaser trailer. The world is growing ever more vast and more interactive, and here you'll find a first look at some of Rivellon's previously unseen fairytale landscapes and creatures. If you pay close attention, you'll find that it's not only your elemental powers, but also tempestuous weather that can shift the winds in combat.

About Divinity: Original Sin
Divinity: Original Sin goes back to the values of memorable cRPGs: isometric, party-based, turn-based, gripping dialogues, choices and consequence, deep story, profound character and party development, a big interactive world filled with characters and items, free exploration… There is only one main goal, and how you get there is completely up to you. Of course, everything is more fun with a friend and so is Original Sin: drop-in, drop-out multiplayer takes care of that, both online and locally.

Key features
• Become part of a reactive, living and open world. Explore diverse environments, find myriad creatures and tons of desirable items.
• Experience gripping, party and turn-based combat. Manipulate the environment and use skill & spell combos.
• Play in co-op multiplayer and engage in co-op dialogues. Shape your relationships with your partner that will influence the game.
• Unravel a deep and epic story, set in the early days of Rivellon. Taking place well before Divine Divinity and The Dragon Knight Saga, Divinity: Original Sin presents you with a familiar world in another era.
• Classless system lets you shape your character any way you want. Endless item interaction and combinations take things to another level of freedom.
• Create your own adventures and share them online. With Original Sin comes the powerful toolset used by the game's designers.
For more information visit http://www.divinityoriginalsin.com..

Last edited:
The real question is do they have the funding necessary to keep development going another year. I want a bug tree fun game myself.

They pushed back the date because they decided to add more stuff into the game, I would think they still have enough money otherwise they would be cutting features, not adding more.

Also, the German publisher has a date of April 25th for the game, but Larian is just using Spring right now (read that last night on the official forums).

edit: and now they made an official press release on the matter...

To play alpha now or to wait for a polished product?
My answer is not to play alpha. Then again, some people feel bugs are fun. Maybe someoneshould make a game with hundreds of bugs just for them. Oh, wait, such a game already exists. :D
Seems Larian is not making a game for that audience. ;)

So spring is "March, April and May"?

amazon.de lists it for April 25th btw.

So spring is "March, April and May"?

amazon.de lists it for April 25th btw.

Technically, Spring is March 20th through June 20th… But of course whenever developers give vague release dates like this, they are subject to possible delays. At least Larian has never said the dreaded "We're running low on funds", they've consistently said It's done when it's done. I'm just going to hope for release sometime before the end of the year.

Last edited:
I'd like it right now but I can wait as much as it needs. I want it to be in good shape when I take some days off my life to enjoy it. Pretty trailer too I must say.

So much doubt here. The best predictor of future behavior is past behavior. If this was Bethesda, I'd be very skeptical. But Larian has a track record of putting out an above average (compared to all other game developers) gold build. So if they say Spring, I expect the game will be fairly stable, but likely to have a few patches afterwards... but this is the norm now, unfortunately.

but likely to have a few patches afterwards… but this is the norm now, unfortunately.

Going by my experience in the 90s, it has always been the norm…

Anyhow, the latest alpha patch of Original Sin (Valentine's day) showed great progress. I really like the Knight and Cleric pre-made too.

Going by my experience in the 90s, it has always been the norm….

Yes, but they were much harder to acquire without the Internet of now ...

Yes, but they were much harder to acquire without the Internet of now …

Much harder. I bought a CD-ROM drive as soon as they became commercially available. To get it to work with MS-DOS, I was directed by the manufacturer to go to a hotel ballroom. Once there, I found the company had created a make-shift warehouse out of a hotel ballroom. I was handed a 3.5" floppy disk with the driver I needed. Those were the days.

Back
Top Bottom