We must hack the mapplanner!

myers90

Watchdog
Hi!

I almost forgot, we have this beta SDK. But when I think about it, I always get to this opinion: We must hack the mapplanner! Now, we can make new maps/locations. We can make new dialogs, new NPCs, new vehicles. Only one thing: the mapplanner isn't working. So we can't make new missions. And why should we make this new things, what we can make, if we can't make new missions?

So its for badmofo: I think you are the best programmer here, please take a look for the mapplanner, or the map format, maybe you can do something with it. I checked the Boiling Point's mapplanner, we can make usable maps with that, but the missions what I create isn't working…

Just imagine, what should we make with a full working SDK… for Precursors, and for White Gold.

Hello myers90!

I'm happy to have a look but wouldn't really know where to start - are you able to describe how the map planner is supposed to work and what specifically it won't do that you want it to do?

I did have a look at it a while ago but don't have any experience building game levels so didn't really understand what I was looking at.

thanks!

Maybe I can write it short. (But I'll take a look again to it, and I'll able to tell more about this program.)

So, with the levEdit2 you can make leves, but it has a limit, I don't know what is the limit, but for example its 2000x2000 meters. So you have to make several levels with the levEdit2. With the mapplaner, you can make the world, so you can place every small level to a big one, like a puzzle game. In the mapplaner you also can make the missions, the weather/skybox and the water of the levels.

The first thing what don't really work, is the Open function. So we can't edit the maps what we (or the developers) done. Its not good! :D The second one what I can remember, is the mission editor. Is you want to create the mission, you cant add the mission's text. (I mean the ingame text, like "Find Don Pedro" and blah blah) Its not an editable textbox, its like the dialog editor in the QRE. So if you double-click to the "textbox" its open the strings from the resource.qrc. But its not work, its like it can't open the resource.qrc.

Back
Top Bottom