Elemental: War of Magic - Preview @ GameSpot

magerette

Hedgewitch
A little off the RPG track, but we've had some discussion of this Masters of Magic-inspired, turn-based fantasy strategy title in development by Stardock, so for those who might not have caught this GDC promo, GameSpot has a trailer showing off the early build, plus a short talk with Brad Wardell on the subject here.
When asked what he most wanted to see in his own Master of Magic-like game, Wardell replied that he'd always enjoyed the global spells of MicroProse's classic and confessed that he was extremely excited by the prospect of using modern computer graphics technology to create some truly spectacular large-scale magic effects.
In addition, the team already knows that content customization, which was very popular among players of Stardocks' Galactic Civilizations series, will definitely be in the game. The GalCiv games let you meticulously design your fleet of spaceships with whatever weapons and accoutrements you wanted; Elemental will let you do the same to army battalions as well as to buildings.
Wardell also mentions in the trailer that the game will include a campaign mode and some rpg-like elements for the player character, and is expected to ship out in about a year.
More information.

Yep, still very much on my radar. The trailer, TBH, doesn't show much, but it's still good to see that the game is moving forward.

Yes, there's not a lot to see in the trailer--hopefully the avatar will get a little more work as well, but it definitely sounds like this one will see the light of day. I think something was said about an early beta getting tested this spring.

Looking forward to it.

Brad Wardell posted a tentative development schedule recently on the Elemental forum here. If you check the general Dev Journals forum at that site, there is tons of info on the structure of the game and ideas they are going to implement. I am really looking forward to this one, I played MOM to death.

Last edited:
This is the first I've heard of this. Not too much to see yet, but sounds interesting.

Back
Top Bottom