InXile Entertainment - On Kicking It Forward

Couchpotato

Part-Time News-bot
Issie Lapowsky of Wired posted a new article about how Brian Fargo got other developers to share part of their profits to other kickstarters with Kicking It Forward.

The KickingItForward movement has grown bigger than Fargo ever imagined. At one point, he says, Kickstarter even began asking creators not to put the KickingItForward logo on their funding pages. “There was a point where people felt like if they didn’t support KickingItForward they wouldn’t get funded, like it’d make them look bad,” he says.

What’s unique about this initiative, unlike so many other types of digital activism which quickly flame out, is that—two years later—KickingItForward is still going strong. Now, Fargo says, at any given time there are around 60 new active projects posted on the site.

Of course, not all of them will get funded, and even if they do, not all of them will turn a profit. But some, like Wasteland 2, will. And if those successful creators can commit to support the community that once gave them a chance, then the impact that Kickstarter can have on individual inventors, artists, and entrepreneurs will multiply.

“Our ability to survive is going to be based on our ability to work with each other,” Fargo says. “This has brought me and my so-called competitors together closer than anything ever before.”
More information.

Last edited:
Of course, somebody could always say they are pledging to Kicking It Forward, and then never follow through. But that's cynical of me....

Of course, somebody could always say they are pledging to Kicking It Forward, and then never follow through. But that's cynical of me….

You don't think there is some kind of binding contract involved? If not then yeah, I'm sure it happens.

I wonder if they can kick forward my CE edition is of wasteland 2 and make it arrive?

Back
Top Bottom