Witcher 3 - Review @ The Telegraph

I'm replaying TW2 right now, and I'm enjoying it even more than the first time.

The claim that it's not as fun if you're unfamiliar with the world and characters is pure bunk. There's a section of the journal that details the background of the people and places in the game as you discover them. I find that that's more than enough to feel connected to the events despite never having read any of Sapkowski's books.

Well I have other things to do than play video games that I find dull and un-engaging. It's not like I'm reading Tolstoy, it's a virtual cartoon with a comic book story. These games are pastimes.

5-6 hours and it's not grabbing me? Meh.

+1

I was bored to tears and found the combat rage inducing. I loved the first game though, so am hopeful that CDP can recapture the magic with #3.

I finished TW1, but I stopped TW2 right before the branching choice. I guess the reason I never went back is because I couldn't commit. I also knew there was little chance of me replaying (even from that save point) to see the other side of it. Quite enjoyed much of the gameplay, but not as much as the first one. I'm tempted to reinstall TW2 if I can find the saves and choose Roche's path… before playing TW3. But it's not that important plus limited free time; I'm more intrigued by the interactive world and gameplay to be had in 3.

Ok, thanks for all the feedback. Think I'll give 2 a chance before grabbing 3.

I'm replaying TW2 right now, and I'm enjoying it even more than the first time.

The claim that it's not as fun if you're unfamiliar with the world and characters is pure bunk. There's a section of the journal that details the background of the people and places in the game as you discover them. I find that that's more than enough to feel connected to the events despite never having read any of Sapkowski's books.

I agree with this. I came to W2 just from W1 and not read any of those books at that time. Even now I have only read "The Last wish" and I didn't have any issues following what's going on. Yes there were lot of reading and listening in the game to get hang of things but there were there in the game and no outside materials were needed.

I agree with this. I came to W2 just from W1 and not read any of those books at that time. Even now I have only read "The Last wish" and I didn't have any issues following what's going on. Yes there were lot of reading and listening in the game to get hang of things but there were there in the game and no outside materials were needed.

Ya same here with me, I found the game conveys the story very well and pulls you in even if you didn't read the background material.

TW2 is also the only game in recent years I played 2 times back to back to see both story parts, and one of the few games that inspired me to read the books they're based on.

Back
Top Bottom