GOG - Free Games & New Fall Sale

Couchpotato

Part-Time News-bot
GoG has started their annual Fall sale and are giving away a few free games.

Mount & Blade FREE for the next 48 hours, 700+ titles up to 90% off, daily deals, and flash sales!

Long evenings and gloomy mornings? That's why Fall is for gaming! Let's begin the gargantuan 2014 DRM-free Big Fall Sale! We've prepared a head-spinning lineup of 700+ titles discounted up to 90% off. It kicks off with an exceptional offering: the bottomless sandbox action-RPG Mount & Blade is available for free for the first 48 hours of the sale. You can sign up for your free copy on our front page. You can also complete the Mount and Blade collection with the remaining titles bundled 75% off.
Next they all also offer the option to pre-order Pillars of Eternity.

Adventure continues beyond The Gate.

Pillars of Eternity: Champion Edition, the long-awaited spiritual successor to the beloved heroic fantasy RPG saga, in its bonus goodie-filled edition, is available 10% off for pre-orders on GOG.com, for Windows, Mac OS X, and Linux. That's $53.99* until November 24 in this limited-time pre-order offer. For that time the same discount applies to the basic Pillars of Eternity: Hero Edition, available for $40.49.
And for last they now offer the full Mount & Blade series of games.

Release: Mount & Blade Series + FREE Game!

Be at the heart of every skirmish. Original Mount & Blade FREE for 48 hours!With the sound of a thousand horses riding in furious gallop and warriors shouting their battlecry from the top of their lungs, the Mount & Blade series storms GOG.com! For the next 48 hours you can sign up for a free copy of the original Mount & Blade on the GOG.com front page. You can also grab all the remaining titles in the Mount & Blade Series, that is Warband, With Fire and Sword, and Napoleonic Wars bundled up to 75% off. That's only $10.97* for the entire Mount & Blade collection (including the first one in the series that comes free). Finally, you can pre-order the upcoming Mount & Blade: Warband - Viking Conquest DLC, expected to launch mid-December, 20% off!
More information.

Prolly won't play it ever, but it's a freebie. Grabbed it.
Ty couch!

Also, if you collect stamps (visit the site every 20+ hours) for next 7 days, you get TW2 for free.

Prolly won't play it ever, but it's a freebie. Grabbed it.
Ty couch!

That's what I said when I got Mount&Blade Warband. Like a year or two later I actually played it, that was a mistake, my Steam queue got delayed by 100+ hours because I was playing M&B.

Mount & Blade series is an excellent and natural addition to GoG. I say natural since M&B games are already DRM free (just put a serial number and away you go).

Even if you have it on Steam, get the serial number, download the standalone .exe from taleworlds web site and play drm free!

Again, excellent edition to my favourite online shop.

The only things the original Mount and Blade needed for me to consider it perfect was deeper RPG elements, and a more complex and detailed economic/castle management system. The Diplomacy mod helped a bit, but went no where near as deep as I desired.

The first game was a perfect example of gameplay over shiny graphics (Not that the graphics were horrible). The mounted combat, commanding your troops on the fly, or setting them up strategically before the battle. And the castle sieges!... Alright, I may have cheated a health refill for my lord or lady when enemy troops suddenly appeared out of the ether, but it was still the best real time combat I've ever experienced in game.

It's amazing how a mom and pop operation on a shoestring budget could get it so right, while the so called triple A companies get it so wrong. As much as I enjoy Skyrim, its characters, and combat are severely lacking by comparison. Not sure about the upcoming fan made DLC "Viking Conquest", but I'll give it a go. Just wish they would hurry up with Banner Lord, or at least give out more information.

Back
Top Bottom