Diablo 3 - Expansion Announcement?

Couchpotato

Part-Time News-bot
Diablo Incgamers has news that Blizzard might be announcing the Diablo 3 Expansion at this years Gamescom.

It was believed that the Diablo 3 Expansion announcement would appear at Blizzcon in November. But since the beginning of the week various emails have been dispatched from Blizzard in the run up to Gamescom next month that suggest otherwise.

“You are invited to join Blizzard Entertainment at a press conference on the first day of gamescom 2013. We’re making a special announcement that’s sure to capture the attention of the Heavens, Burning Hells and all the shadowed places that lie between.”
There has also been a tweet from Blizzard’s Nick Carpenter from the Cinematic Department saying that he has just “wrapped another amazing cinematic. Can’t wait to show the world!”

You wouldn’t hold a press conference for general press to announce some new game systems such as Ladders and itemisation changes. The conference is also scheduled to take place on the first day which means there is plenty of time to squeeze in the many individual interviews in the following days. The press conference is also in addition to the usual panels and Q&A sessions spread over the event. Again, if the announcement was system changes these would be discussed at the appropriate panels rather than convening a press conference for all press.
More information.

Last edited:
I thought they already had announced an expansion, maybe they just talked about it before? Maybe I just dreamt it :p

Either way, not interested. Diablo 3 was not at all what I wanted.

I thought they already had announced an expansion, maybe they just talked about it before? Maybe I just dreamt it :p

Either way, not interested. Diablo 3 was not at all what I wanted.

The last post was from a blizzard insider saying it was delayed to 2014. It's hard to say since most of these leaks are often speculation.

Is the expansion going to fix itemization, remove the AH and allow mods? I'm guessing none of the above.

If they do announce a Diablo 3 expansion at Gamescom they need to make sure to invite the people from the Guinness book of world records. You know, just so the world record in simultaneous yawning can be officially declared.

I'd be very interested in hearing about the expansion - and especially if they're going to introduce an incentive to replay the same class.

As for additional classes, I'd love to say the Paladin return - even if there's some overlap with the Monk "healing/defensive" style.

The loot 2.0 changes are coming in a patch, I believe - and they sound quite significant.

As for an expansion and loot - I'd love to see a complete redesign that went away from boring stat upgrades, towards much more significant playstyle changes.

Look towards Hellgate and Borderlands 2 for how to do weapons, for instance.

I'm at Gamescom, but am not going to the presentation. These things are usually very boring and I rather spent my time on other games.
Besides that, there will be a shitload of sites reporting on this, with all saying roughly the same things. We'll just nick their news ;)

Not interested either and never bought D3. Forced online for a single player game and built in cheating (RMAH) don't appeal to me.

Back
Top Bottom