Drakensang Save Game System and Corruption WTF!!!!!

ToddMcF2002

SasqWatch
I'm very irritated.

Just got a corruption on my "one and only" save game. Earlier today I saved and exited and thought everything was OK but apparently there was a stuck Drakensang process because my laptop wouldnt shut down. I had to pull the AC Power and battery and when I went back in sure enough Drakensang would crash on the "Load" screen. Wouldnt even show my save game. I really don't get this stupid one file, one name save game system. The only way I could recover it was to move my savegame aside, create a new game and then overwrite the resulting continue.dsa file.

Where the hell is SAVE AS??? This game is really starting to piss me off. Am I missing a SAVE AS function anywhere?

I'm very irritated.

Just got a corruption on my "one and only" save game. Earlier today I saved and exited and thought everything was OK but apparently there was a stuck Drakensang process because my laptop wouldnt shut down. I had to pull the AC Power and battery and when I went back in sure enough Drakensang would crash on the "Load" screen. Wouldnt even show my save game. I really don't get this stupid one file, one name save game system. The only way I could recover it was to move my savegame aside, create a new game and then overwrite the resulting continue.dsa file.

Where the hell is SAVE AS??? This game is really starting to piss me off. Am I missing a SAVE AS function anywhere?
You just have to give it a different name?

The game corrupts saves regularly, especially after running for a long time, but usually they are just not made and you have an older version. I usually make a named savegame for a special state plus a quicksave. Then you get autosaves. I have about 44 separate saves at the moment.

Edit: Here is my load screen. The "autosave", "continue" and "quick save" are above that. The field at the top (at the moment Gruldur III) is for editing the name.

Last edited:
Yes, you are missing everything. ;)

Or hopefully not. Did you use quicksave? Maybe it's still alive.

Changing the name creates another savegame. You're honestly the first player I've seen since last August who didn't get this.

If it's a long play he as at least an autosave.

Plus, isn't there that continue save that is made when you exit? Also, to save a new game, as someone else stated, you simply rename it as something else. I have about 4 different saves that I rotate. I have yet (knock on wood) to have a corrupt save game with this game, or for that matter, to even have any kind of error or bug.

The save function is quite comfortable. The game has even different keys for "load last save" and "load last quick save".

My bad. I didnt realize you could type on that top line. I recovered the game and now I'm all set.

Hm. Also, besides that you can create hundreds of different gamesaves in the normal save slots, (by typing in a new name), the game not only does autosaves and quicksaves, but as Toth mentioned, it automatically saves your game upon exit, which it resumes from when you choose "Continue"

I have roughly, say, about 40 different gamesaves by now, of different stages of the game, as I often like to go back to an earlier area of the game to check on stuff that I missed, or to try out different ways to do things, take screenshots, etc.

So far, the amount of save slots appear limitless.

I'll let you know when I hit the ceiling. ;)

Anyway, glad to hear that you managed to salvage your game, Todd.

Yes I'm happy to be the idiot here. Last night was great gameplay, even though I was getting my butt handed to me by something big and furry. :)

Back
Top Bottom