Does anyone have the scroll speed fix for Rage of Mages or know how it works?

Fnord

SasqWatch
I'm trying to play Rage of Mages 1, and I'm having serious issues with the game's scroll speed. If I touch the screen with my mouse cursor, the game scrolls to the other side of the map. It is night unplayable in this state actually.
But there is a scroll speed fix out there. I've found references to it, and also some dead links. But does anyone actually have the patch/fix saved somewhere, and could you send it to me?

They made 2 Rage of Mages? Man the first one was so bad I only played it for a few hours back in the day. All I remember about the game was those stupid golems that collected your mana or resources. I have played a crap load of games and RoM has to be one of the worst of all time. :)

sounds tricky…

edit: this is for ROM 2

Gave it a shot and... yea, as expected, it broke my installation.

They made 2 Rage of Mages? Man the first one was so bad I only played it for a few hours back in the day. All I remember about the game was those stupid golems that collected your mana or resources. I have played a crap load of games and RoM has to be one of the worst of all time. :)
They actually made 4, though only two were named Rage of Mages, the other two got other names. And I've never heard anyone say anything that bad about the game. The ones who have mentioned it seem to have enjoyed it, though it is not a game that people praise to the same level as say Planescape.

I might have been a bit hard on RoM. It was a real time strategy game right? I am more a turn based player. Still, it was one of the few games I could not even give a chance but 4 games that is crazy.

RoM is a CRPG, with strategy elements.
By the way, part 3 was called Evil Islands: Curse of the Lost Soul & was Allods Online (the series is known as the Allods series, and the original name for RoM 1 was Allody: Pechat' Tainy or Аллоды: Печать тайны)

Back
Top Bottom